1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We started sampling for a special project with Monitaly. I'm excited. I should probably not, but here are a couple of teaser pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Man, I am so happy with the way these are turning out. I think you guys are going to fucking love this stuff.

1 person likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Black denim yoga pants?

5. jet

jet Senior member

I had pants like that in high school except they were acid washed indigo.

6. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I had been wearing suits for work the past couple years, but still rotated a couple different old pairs of faux noir and noir New Standards on my days off and evenings. New job doesn't require a suit, so I started wearing them everyday again. But then the crotch on my noirs started to go out for the second time, so I ordered a pair of S710BKs the other day from 2nd :)

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That would be pretty awesome too.

These are made from recycled military tent canvas, and overdyed black. The production model, which I hope we'll get into pre-order in the next couple of months, will have tonal black thread. I just got a pair in the original olive drab - super comfy and durable, and they look pretty awesome with both boots and kicks.

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Browsing chain stitching artwork on Instagram and found this

Possibly the most impressive heritage cred.

1 person likes this.
  9. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

I still wear my nerdy denim, mostly Sugar Cane. Are you asking to see who's still around or because you have a specific question?

Raw denim fetishism has definitely calmed down and moved to denim-specific forums, but I still appreciate what those companies do and how insanely detailed they are. Much of the Japanese denimhead stuff works really well with EG, visvim, Monitaly, Blue Blue, Kapital, Post O'Alls, etc. I feel the thing that keeps it from being similarly appreciated is that the shop styling, tumblr shots, and WAYWT posts are typically awful or straight up cosplay.

1 person likes this.
  10. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Must be the weather here that made my hair frizzy. I have curly hair past my shoulders and the ends are frizzy. What do you guys recommend?

Also, anyone pass by the SUPREME store in LA and look at the line? Supreme X Undercoverism drop.

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Isaiah Toothtaker is an extremely interesting dude. If you're ever in Tucson and want a tattoo go to Staring Without Caring and pray he can fit you in (if tattoos are your kind of thing). As it is he's a pretty sick MC and If it wasn't for a weird taste in beats his albums would be up there too. Plus he has some insane collection of vintage Chanel/Gucci etc.

I don't know, he's just interesting.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

13. OccultaVexillum

Speaking of violence, how do you get good internet out in rural areas? I apparently only have one carrier available (wind stream) and it sucks (we have "best available" service), is it just a matter of that's all we have? I can't even play these GTA heists cos my connection is so shit.

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

You can't. My mom is still on SATELLITE internet out in the sticks in KY and she is limited to 1Gig downloads a MONTH. Its a racket

15. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

My parents had satellite internet for a long time; horrifically expensive, terrible speeds, and for any online gaming the latency made it impossible

16. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Sev what did you think of the new Soft Moon album?

17. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i still love raw denim. i wear denim 3-4 times a week but only because i like to switch it up. could totally wear jeans to the office every day if i wanted. idk, it's still fun for me.

2 people like this.
  18. OccultaVexillum

Yeah. That's why we didn't get satellite internet through dish (no streaming or online gameplay), I guess what we have is DSL it's just terrible. I did a speed check not long ago and I download speed was like 1.9 or something. I don't know much about this kind of stuff it just seems nuts that there isn't an option for something better.

19. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Well in NYC if you get screwed and have to live in the Time Warner section at peak times you'll be getting speeds at like 1.9. Optimum and TWC have the city split up so you don't have a chance. Luckily FIOS is coming in and providing competition in some buildings, and its 1200x better than TWC or Optimum.

Have you tried calling the provider and bitching about stopping your service cause its unacceptable and impacts your business? that usually helps. They could have you capped.

20. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I liked it more than I thought I would; though still not as good as their self-titled or Total Decay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.