1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Wool is pretty easy to maintain too! Just pretend you're a Styfo member from 2008 with your bucket and your gentle soap and your cold water, but instead of jeans it's a sweater. Roll it up in a towel afterward and done.

If you can get used to wool, Yoox has a mountain of wool turtlenecks ready to give your trachea a hug.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

This actually exists. There's also a thread in CM about it I think, generally critiquing the awful fit and cut of various items.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

real talk, for a professional athlete, i have no problem with how the middle guy - that's alves, right? - is dressed.

4. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

5. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Senior member

Anyone have suggestions for dying cotton blend fabrics? I've read good things about Procion MX but it's been for 100% cotton and I'm looking at like 10% silk or linen and don't know if that would affect anything.

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Yeah I finally figured that out…. aren't they cute. And I thought it was impossible to dislike soccer players more than I already do (generally speaking). I've seen terrible Eastern European boy bands with better fashion sense.

Cue my Johnny Mac quote… "You cannot be serious". Srsly. Gold and silver, faux tux coat or whatever-the-fuck that is, pegged pants, sweater, etc.?? They all look like shit in varying degrees and that guy is definitely in the running for worst.

7. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

FTFY

1 person likes this.
  8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've had to wait over one week for an international delivery. This is clearly unacceptable. I'm gonna write a strong letter of protest.

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

You should demand a discount on your next order

10. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Threaten to post about the awful service on SF. Make sure to mention that A LOT of people read these posts.

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Maybe the company has an update on their blocked Instagram account.

12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

There goes the overall vibe of this thread.

13. LA Guy

Maybe I need to explain that I own a very influential forum and a lot of people care what I think?

I'll put that in my letter.

It's a German store, and the package seems to be stuck in Frankfurt. Is it too soon to be making a joke about the war?

14. LA Guy

I looke for this, but apparently, they are stuck back in 2010. Maybe I'll just troll their Facebook?

15. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

2 people like this.
  16. LA Guy

What if it gets there before my package gets to me? Maybe I should just go over there and confront them in person? wtf happened to German efficiency? Frickin' End Times.

17. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

They probably are distracted by the Greek/Euro situation atm, justifiably. I think it's still worth the risk. If your package arrives first, blame it on revenge for the war. If the package never comes, attribute it to that.

You really can't lose. Best part of being American!

18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Whenever I order something from Germany, it takes a looong time to leave the country, then zips right along - totally anecdotal, but I've never had this problem ordering from any other country. Wonder what's going on with int'l outbound mail over there

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I just ordered something from like Turkey. Broke my resilience and paid full msrp for a jacket ina different size which I have (which wont sell even though its awesome nwt and hundred plus cheaper). Not expecting delivery to be quick. Tres bien is speedy tho

20. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Hrm my experiences with Germany have been blazing fast. With order to arrival sometimes happening in 3 days through UPS.

Also random other countries tend to be very fast if they use DHL e.g. Italy/Kuwait/Israel -- but higher risk of duties - all 3 of the mentioned have had transit times of 2-3 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.