1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

The influences are there, but I wouldn't go that far

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It looks a lot fussier than Helmut Lang. I actually find that to be the case with a lot of the new crop of minimalists. Everything is anti-septic. I much prefer designers like Christopher Raeburn.

1 person likes this.
  3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Machus guy pose is hilarious.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Yes indeed. Let us follow the stylish masses of overweight college girls and just go about our daily lives while wearing pajamas.

1 person likes this.
  5. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Yeah, pretty ridiculous.

6. Louys

Louys Senior member

Why is it that fashun models look so punchable? I mean, there's got to be a reason. Are you supposed buy the product because you feel you could pull it off less punchable-ly? Is it an intentional reaction to the classic marketing tactic of having not-punchable looking people model clothes? Is punchable the new black? I does not get.

7. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to post this here for anyone interested.

[​IMG]

8. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

So, I just purchased an MMM 5-zip off the forum, and it's perfect...but I managed to somehow rip off the snap on the band collar :( The jacket came with the replacements for the snap, but I'm not sure where to take it to have it fixed...should I try to find someone that specifically works on leather goods? I did some half-hearted google searches, but not much coming up for my area (Kansas City is not exactly a bustling metropolis of clothing repair or tailoring)

9. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Assuming you didn't rip the leather, I'd imagine any tailor/leather/bag repair place should be able to take care of that. They basically just have to press the 2 parts of the snap together.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

FWIW, Advanced European Tailors in Berkeley, California handles a lot of repairs for leather jacket enthusiasts. Mostly high-end, workwear repro stuff, like Buzz Rickson and Real McCoys, but I've had them do work on more fashion-y pieces. The guy who runs the store supposedly trained John Chapman of Good Wear Leather (a high-end repro label) how to sew.

Anyway, he's gotten stuff from the around the country before. Might be worth sending it to him if you don't trust someone local.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I have no clue really but it seems like Baldwin Denim might possibly be able to at least point you in the right direction.

12. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Thankfully no damage to the leather; and that's a good recommendation @OccultaVexillum, their store is pretty close by where I live too. And if that doesn't return anything I might have to look at sending it somewhere to get it fixed, or gamble on a local tailor of some sort.

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

If it's just a matter of putting the new snap on, pretty much any leather shop could help you. Look for a Tandy Leather, a saddlery shop, or a motorcycle leather shop. There's got to be one of those near you.

14. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Nightwear incorporated into everyday wear? Margiela has you covered

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Got a fantastic (or so I thought) MMM tuxedo on Yoox in today. Found out that everything about it is perfect except for the fact that it's a FUCKING JUMPSUIT. The pants are stitched into the jacket waist, and as such, it's going back tomorrow.

:brick: was looking for a black MMM tuxedo in 50 for a while. My ivory silk jacket is great and all, but a formal tuxedo would be great to have (and would give me some pants to wear with the ivory jacket in a formal scenario)

7 people like this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

:lol:

that margiela looks like some derek rose shit

1 person likes this.
  17. Kid Nickels

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and disappointment, but the result of the story is pretty goddamn funny. I can just imagine if I had ordered that, taken it out of the box and been like "wtf is this? a jumpsuit?!?" You should post a fit with it before you send it back though! :happy:

1 person likes this.
  18. Kid Nickels

I thought you were kidding… wtf is this shit?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. accordion

accordion Senior member

i thought these guys are supposed to have stylists or something.

[​IMG]

20. Kid Nickels

^ Which of these things is not like the other? LOL. Who the fuck are these assklowns?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.