1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

2 people like this.
  2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

^where in ct are you? I'm from just over the ct/ri border on rt. 6. Such a beautiful area.

2 people like this.
  3. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

hope you like prov bene, congrats! I'm moving back there in december/january

4 people like this.
  4. zissou

zissou Senior member

Funny, all this talk of CT/RI. I'm from Mystic, and used to work at the Seaport. Any surprise there?

Congrats, Bene!

4 people like this.
  5. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

You gotta go to Pizza Pilgrims, get a takeout and eat it on Soho Square.

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Interesting. I was getting some pretty heavy Lee Roach vibes:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

But I dunno, the designs are more tasteful than your run-of-the-mill knockoff. And not to completely excuse the designer, but I do sympathize somewhat. it's difficult to design a minimalist piece without tripping over someone else's aesthetic territory. Like designing a new smartphone in 2015.

2 people like this.
  7. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

Mystic

No shit. Hm

1 person likes this.
  8. zissou

zissou Senior member

No shit!

1 person likes this.
  9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Awesome!

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

or writing a pop song. #blurredlines

1 person likes this.
  11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

omg yeah please don't tell that jury about COS

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

PROVIDENCE, RI -

EXCERPT FROM THE DIARY OF DR. BENESYED, RESIDENT NEUROSURGEON AND PROFESSOR, BROWN UNIVERSITY:

Dated October 20th, 2037:

A local sea-captain was the first to bring the behavior to our attention. Hailing from the perhaps aptly-named town of Mystic, he had spent his youth trawling the coastal waters off of Providence before abruptly retiring and devoting himself to drink.

He was well known as a teller of tall tales, a fixture at the pub where, for the price of a pint, he'd spin a yarn or recite a shanty. I always found the trippings of his tongue to be amusing, but nothing more. Mikey felt differently. When the sea-captain muttered something to us about a local ritual, and a faint color that he had seen over the horizon one winter's night, many decades ago, I believe it inspired in Mikey the change that undid him. And after the disappearance, the sea-captain, when pressed by the police, would only cackle and point to the waves.

There was a time when I would perhaps not have believed the events that I have witnessed with my own eyes. However, as I find myself engaged less and less with the affairs and opinions of the public, I realize that it is unlikely that I have much else to lose – my name being already the subject of many dark whispers, my property and livelihood already seized by those who wish me silenced.

It matters not. I can hear it now, as I suppose Mikey once must have. A wailing, out beyond the breakers; full of ageless fury and power, as though some great, bloated thing were beating against the ceiling of the sea, seeking freedom. Mikey became obsessed with it; with discovering its source and communicating with it. If only he had never left his flat, never witnessed the dark ritual he relayed to me. It was then that he attempted to draft me as accomplice to his mad plan, not knowing that I had already determined the necessity of preventing exactly that which he desired to achieve.

It is lucky for all of us that he never succeeded. Let us pray that it never finds release; that there will always remain those who are willing to do what must be done to hinder its escape, whatever it is. That there will be those willing to go so far as to sacrifice those they love - yes, even the life of a friend - to keep it trapped beneath the waves, far from the light it so craves to devour.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    28 people like this.
  13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Definitely your best to date, and in such short time, as well. Thumbs-up.

2 people like this.
  14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I hate having something which doesn't fit for sale which no one wants for some reason, meanwhile I'd kill for one my size in that price range.

2 people like this.
  15. Dogs Bollocks

Dogs Bollocks Active Member

Where are you buying the new CT cut?? Having trouble finding them. THANKS!!

16. superego

superego Senior member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  17. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior member

I would like to see nightshirts incorporated into every day where (why not, I've seen people do it with robes?)

18. jet

jet Senior member

pics of said robe fits?

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There are some companies that straight rip off designers. One hypothetical Spanish fashion company did some black shorts with graphic white stripes that my dead grandmother could have identified as Hood by Air.

However, this doesn't seem to be the case here. Designers don't live in a vaccuum. They often have studied together, are often exposed to the same influences, and interact professionally. I'd be very hesistant to yell "plagarism" when a COS jacket looks a bit like something from Lee Roach or Christophe Lemaire.

20. sipang

sipang Senior member

Lee Roach is warmed-over Helmut Lang anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.