• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he did. but post-Helmut. he did work with Karl Lagerfeld though. you know, this guy

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol a buddy of mine was shopping at Colette in Paris, and he heard a commotion behind him so he turned around. Lo and behold, it was Karl. Scared the **** outta my friend lol

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the history there, but is the intent to restore the brand to its former glory and make it a pioneer again? I could be wrong, but I'm just assuming Theory sees men's as an untapped revenue source. The "modern" and "edgy" women's line seems to do pretty well, and they could probably do the same with menswear. I almost don't care who's designing because, sadly, I don't expect much from it. Hope I'm proven wrong though.
Apparently the womenswear is doing fantastic businesswise, but I have a similarly cynical view on the whole thing. Though tbh, I expected Uniqlo x HL before this happened
I would love to see it be Gareth Pugh.
That would make my day. I love Gareth, but his collections have gotten worse and worse. Change of pace (and getting away from Rick for a bit) might do him good

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone you're hoping for, sipang? seems like you think it's a bad idea altogether

edit: you could always cut nipple holes in your polos on your own, by the way. this could be you

Don't really care. I'm intrigued by the idea of a sz-approved designer (so someone with some kind of vision at least) taking over but I can't help but think it's just a way to legitimize a good old cash grab so I'm wondering how much latitude said designer will have. Also not sure what an Helmut Lang relaunch without Helmut Lang really means.

Actually thought about Pugh too. I guess Theyskens would make sense. The list is pretty short.

edit: p4, trendsetter is so 2000s, #influencer

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

If you look at the line's relaunch it went from being a pioneering brand that influenced many others to a highly commercial line of "edgy" and "modern" pieces that draws nothing but the logo from its heritage. it's very comparable to the SLP debacle, with fewer temper tantrums.

Not similar at all, Saint Laurent was never a household menswear brand and while what Pilati did was pretty cool I don't think it had the influence of HL on menswear.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't make that very clear; I was referring to the contrast of Hedi's influence and critical success at DH and his failure to do the same at SLP. It's not HL himself returning, so perhaps weaker, less analagous language would've been suitable, but certainly there are comparisons that can be made?

I'm too young to have been fully cognisant of these two at their zenith, so I'm happy to admit I was wrong, would just be interested to hear your take on it

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
this nikka said cognisant at their zenith

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
very few people here will actually care about this but...

oh yes.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe you can answer this for me nahneun:

There is a K-POP Appreciation Thread over on Superfuture. I was browsing it and noticed all it really is is updates of new female kpop groups, duets, or solo artists (or the former moving to the latter after the group broke up)
Seems the thread is just a compilation of doll faced girls and gifs..I mean do any of the members there actually understand Korean? I wonder.

I was under the impression the thread was about the music as I listened to a little bit of Korean music when I was younger, and though I never understood the language, I at least enjoyed the soul put into the music. Nowadays it's just "LOOK AT THIS GIRL"

FFS

The SUFU thread is as fake as the girls look, so, to follow up with your post, I don't really care. Please go post that in the Superfuture thread or have willycheesecake help you cross-post it.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
(i understand korean) :foo:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can't feel the raw emotion in "bubble pop"? For shame.

Disclaimer: I am not Korean.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I know you do. Was just seeing what your perspective is on the SUFU thread if you ever came upon it. I am just really curious if the members who post in there are enjoying the music or more so the shenanigans displayed by the singers.

I use to listen to stuff from 1TYM etc. though even when I listened to it then my Korean friends would diss me for being late to the game lol. I stopped listening eventually purely because I just did not understand it though I still got this good mix CD compilation "Beats Bars and Boji" that has really good lounge feel

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i post a lot in the sufu thread :foo:

it is indeed all about the girls. 95% of the videos are better on mute anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads