1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Conscious decision. Decided to take a break from buying and just wear what I have.

2 people like this.
  2. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

I should try to do something like that as well. As I learn more from SF, as well as other blogs I read, I keep changing up my wardrobe. Plus, I'm in the middle of losing some weight, so I have picked things up as my body began to change. I should just commit to 30-60 days of no purchases. My wife would definitely appreciate it.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

So when another Cloak shearling comes along, you know who to call. PS, we still have some boots to kop. :satisfied:

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

John Elliott thread is such a mess. It's just a sub division of Nike Talk and Kanye forums full of shit talking 12 year olds.

2 people like this.
  5. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Shout out to @Mr-Y and Peir Wu for making the power mesh shirt. Wore the shirt outside this morning (42F feels like 33?) with just a t-shirt on. It felt so incredibly comfortable. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Japanese stores don't really accept returns, but this has largely been my thinking as well. I don't miss the auctions/second-hand hunting ... much. (OK, I still check.)

7. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Some used to.... I have returned stuff in the past for a refund (minus shipping).

8. colabear

colabear Senior member

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm in the same boat, it seems. I realized that I bought a shit tin of stuff last year. A few grails popped up, loads of Scottish knitwear were at steep discount, and the perfect fitting shirts were discovered. Oh, and a few pieces of outerwear from Cabourn, Ten-C, and Barbour...

10. habitant

habitant Senior member

So you're saying that every day is worse than the day before. Is this day the worst day of your life?

1 person likes this.
  11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I've managed to return stuff once or twice, but I understand that it's an exceptional circumstance (like being a comically wrong size). I don't ever buy anything with the thought that I might return it.

12. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

Why exactly don't Japanese retailers accept returns?

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Reading about the way some people treat return policies here makes it fairly easy to understand.

6 people like this.
  14. superego

superego Senior member

Hender Scheme AF1s are starting to grow on me, any pics of how the leather develops with time?

15. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

not many people outside Japan have worn them enough yet, but HS posts evo stuff from time to time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the authentics look really good

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Both of those look really nice.

17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Cool sneakers... but $1100 CAD? :uhoh:

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

The equals about $200 USD now.

6 people like this.
  19. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Shrug they are handmade completely from leather and the soles have been designed to be easy to replace by any cobbler so they can last an incredibly long time vs most sneakers where replacing the sole can be a chore (finding a suitable one and finding someone to do it). I have black af1s and gats and I like them a lot. Natural is cool too will do a natural pair at some point.

1 person likes this.
  20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

It's probably harder to resole those HS than your common Nikes. There are a few online companies that can resole sneakers. HS probably have to be sent somewhere special in order to get that kind of leather to match. Not even sure how it would work given that the uppers will have already been patina-ed. You probably have to be OK with a contrast sole.

Resoling shoes isn't as difficult as people think, and you don't need a stitched on sole to do it. It's just that you can resole more times without ruining the shoe, but who's going to wear their HS AF1s for 20 years?

They're expensive because they're a designer novelty and cool. I don't think you need any more justification than that.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.