1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Should I buy birk bostons? Is this even a question I should be asking? Do I even fashion anymore? It was sunny and nice today (like 68 deg) but I felt tired and stayed inside. Maybe buying spring things will make me go outside? It's supposed to rain all week. Back to wearing wal mart cargo pants and my Dana Lee shit since I can just get that muddy as hell and toss it in the wash and dryer.

But do I buy birks?

5 people like this.
  2. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Random Health and Exercise Thread

3. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yes.

2 people like this.
  5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

People are obsessed with Vetements. I've liked what they've done in the past but this recent collection just seems like what a soccer mom thinks hipsters dress like.

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Do the Louis W jackets fit any better than the standard APC or is it exactly the same?

That beige suede bomber is pretty perfect even though $1300 is a kick in the nuts.

[​IMG]

I wonder if that's something Luxire could do better/cheaper...

7. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

This is more or less every foreign BU student's uniform. Mix in some Been Trill and Diesel as you see fit.

Yes, yes you do.

8. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Cheaper yes, better no.

9. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Gtrans you could always look at those Aurora clogs people were discussing in the EG thread instead of bostons.

Baller clogs are the new baller sneaker, I want a pair and a visvim noragi for maximum Japanese farmer swag

2 people like this.
  10. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

for Birks, i def prefer non clog sandals, alá Arizona, to Bostons after wearing both for many years. The former are just more comfortable imo (easier to get a good fit with two adjustable straps), and imo looks better.

11. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

as a survivor of visvim 2012 I'm gonna say this: no matter what size you get, it won't fit.

12. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

I do have very skinny arms which I understand is a requirement? I like the longer length vs lhamo. I've been tempted to get a Cosmic Wonder piece, maybe I'll do that instead to fill a similar niche.

1 person likes this.
  13. planetarium

personal opinion is that the noragi really doesn't work outside of Vis lookbooks and select FIL employees; just look at the Vis threads on SuFu over the last few years and how many noragis made it to market

the lhamo, if you remove the ties, wears more like a thin cardigan, but you're right that the length can be problematic

go for a 3 if you're skinny and wear a medium in EG

best of luck

14. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

@Lorcan7 could easily pass off for a dude in a vis lookbook though.

13 people like this.
  15. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Having occasionally delved into old sufu Vis threads, I get the impression people bought noragis thinking they can layer them under and over stuff easily, but they are too tight in the arm to go over a jacket and wrong length to be versatile as a mid-layer (like lhamos are). But if I only actually want it to go over a t-shirt from the outset, then I don't see so much of a problem. Medium in EG is too roomy on me these days, which is why I'm selling stuff.

16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

There are actually some decent noragi fits in the Epaulet thread. Theirs is a little easier to wear, though; it's got full-length sleeves and a hidden button IIRC, so people tend to rock it as a mid-layer or light jacket.

1 person likes this.
  17. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

sorry the Epaulet one is really really dorky, even more so than the vis one. it's got like, buttoned cuffs like a shirt or something I can't even remember since I had deliberately erased it from my mind

I haven't looked in their thread specifically but outside of that I had not seen one where the person wearing it didn't look like a TurdLord. sorry guys

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    13 people like this.
  18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Didn't realize there were buttoned sleeve cuffs. That's kinda getting into weird hybrid territory.

That aside, I think this looks decent, and it'd probably look even better with some wear.

[​IMG]

19. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

gah the perfectly aligned shirt-sleeve shoulder seams

4 people like this.
  20. planetarium

it's dorky as hell

pockets man c'mon

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.