1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driveslowk

driveslowk Distinguished Member

It actually has some gems, but they are pretty picked over at this point. Did you go to Selfedge and MAC, which are probably the unique places in SF? The Archive is decent too, but too focused for me. Acrimony has a small but good selection, including a multi-purpose Harput's piece. Nice, but doesn't really go with my style, and a little reminiscent of Julius and Rick Owens.

I've already been to Selfedge before but I did visit MAC. They had a lot of Jil stuff that was great. I wanted some Margiela knits, but no smalls left [​IMG]. Missed Acrimony but The Archive was interesting and they had some pretty deep sales (50-60%)

2. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Senior Member

Hopefully it ends in a murder-suicide type situation.

Whoever wins, we lose.
    [​IMG]

3. Gravitas

Gravitas Distinguished Member

Shopping in the men's co-op section of barneys during sale time kinda reminds me of shopping at Ross or Marshall's. Its surprising how big of a difference there is between the two halves of the floor.
    Haha, I didn't much like the LA or LV Barney's for this reason. Both just seemed so much messier because they aren't separate floors like NY. I also didn't like how open the floor is at the LA store.
    Whoever wins, we lose.
    Sorry, but... LATE PASS!

4. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Wow.... These are probably the most ugly necklaces I've ever seen: http://www.oki-ni.com/Brands/Florian/icat/florian How the hell did they get Oki-ni to carry their brand? [​IMG] I can't imagine anyone wearing these and not looking like a complete retard.
    Obviously it has multiple purposes, like being used to hang yourself when you come to the realization that you bought a piece of rope for 200-300 pound
    Not really surprised and it works because I see links there all over because of the dumb model/poses/fits. Probably gets them a lot of business that might be lost on competition.
    All press /= good press; look at Fuel Star, people talked about it alot, doesn't mean it's going to translate to sales.

6. dls6128

dls6128 Senior Member

All press /= good press; look at Fuel Star, people talked about it alot, doesn't mean it's going to translate to sales.

There's a difference between negative press for your product and negative press for your models/photography; for people who can afford Oki-ni's prices and are interested in the brands they carry, I'd imagine the models serve as something to laugh at while purchasing their clothes...

7. Mountains

Mountains Senior Member

I don't know. I don't like Fuel Star, but I'm vaguely familiar with it now. Beforehand, I had no clue it existed. And absolutely no one buys a product they didn't know existed; on the other hand, perhaps a few people might go and buy Fuel Star tees now.

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Distinguished Member

I think the ropes may be suited to an activity other than wearing....

9. wiru

wiru Senior Member

I'm willing to bet the story is something like: "Look at this crazy man! He has 5x as much clothes as his wife! Let's have him on a talk show and laugh at how much $ he spends on denim." Fun to watch, though.

bought all those jeans by taking out loans (though if he sold he would make a huge profit). those 1880s levis are one of only 2 pairs extant, the other being in the infamous fire-proof san francisco vault.

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Distinguished Member

I'm sure it's been said before, but clothes (actually shoes) are becoming like crack. So many colors of shell to kop... GAH!

I just gotta spread it out over the next year so I don't OD on all the crack at once. Unless I get a bonus this year. Oh my God that would be a disaster.

11. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

Thank you, wiru! I thought those old Levis looked like the ones pulled out of the old mine shaft.

12. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

I don't understand the sufu self edge fanboi look. there's several of these guys who wear nothing but ugly, unhemmed, baggy, unfaded denim, a new too tight western and red wings every. single. day.

ridic

13. Chrispy

Chrispy Senior Member

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I haven't been on Sufu in a while but I think I can picture what you're talking about. Is the groupthink supportive of that sort of thing?

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Yeah there were a bunch of posters dressed like that, massive rep without effort

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.