1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

the neckline on vtb is also too tight
    silent on sale/b&s is my rec, though the newer ones seem to have a stupid black square (logo?) at the hem

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

silent (on sale) is the answer

also markham area for good chinese food in the GTA, best is in richmond hill though

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

uniqlo, american apparel tri blend

Had a good meet last week with Synth, Abraxis, Moo and myself.

Sf is 7x7 miles i believe, something small like that

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Thanks for the recs.
    Yeah I've been thinking about trying Silent, but the 75-95 of the JE and AW seemed bad enough for T's, then again I will be wearing T's at least 5 days a week.
    I've never gotten a good fit with Uniqlo, I ordered a bunch a few weeks ago. Supima, airism, heatech.... multiple sizes, after washing...nothing fit good. The AA Tri-blends are OK but still not a loose neck.
    Has anybody tried the AW low necks? Found a few in what I would think are my size on sale, they are the silk/rayon blends though and I'm wondering how sheer the white is.

5. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

A viscose tee are nice if you're an M or larger (they only have 1 or 2 sizes). ignore the viscose sexuali name

6. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

I had no idea there were so many Markham/Richmond Hill/Scarborough OGs on here

7. canstyleace

I used to live dt-to but worked in markham for a bit, miss the weather, though not the bay street wind tunnel

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I prefer the JE+Co curve u-necks to the mercer tees.

BLK DNM shirts aren't super-nice, but you can find them on sale for < $30. They shrink a bunch, so you might want to size up.

You mean these ones? http://store.americanapparel.net/viscose-sexuali-tee_rsavc400r

On sale for $17 a pop right now.

9. jet

jet Senior member

wow can't believe those tees are that much now, weren't they like 50-60 bux before?

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I feel like the AW were $65 a few years ago, standard is $80 now with the slub rayon ones at $95 (but I think they've only been around like 2 years).

@notwithit I like the U-necks, the neck is perfect, that's the level of scoop i'm looking for and the T by AW ones seem pretty similar. I acutally have 3 of the JE U neck but the hem gets real wavy for lack of a better word. Maybe they are better now? Mine are all from their first release ~2 years ago and I know they updated some things. The mercer length seems like it would be good for somebody 6'2", the split hem makes me think it wouldn't bunch of up get the wave like the u neck, and the neck is apparently looser than a standard crewneck.

The neck on the AA Viscose is too much for me, and they are apparently "ultra-sheer".

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Navigability is a problem, but I also think that city centers tend to cater to the masses (which here seem to be middle aged tech dudes in polos and blazers) who generally aren't interested in and are sometimes truly afraid of authentic foreign foods. You have to head out to the suburbs to find the Chinese communities who want the Chinese food just like it is in China.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That may be true of other cities, but it is not true of Toronto. The "cool" parts of town are all in downtown Toronto, and most of the decent restaurants are similarly located. The Chinese food right downtown is not "inauthentic" either. It's just older style. The food that you get in Toronto's Chinatown is dominated by an older, less refined, style, brought over by the earlier, less affluent, wave of immigrants. Post 1997, the Chinese that came had more money (mostly the equivalent of the middle aged tech dudes you talk about), and businesses sprung up to serve them. It's a food centered culture, which is really different from American culture, so even your guy who has no interest in anything else usually likes, and knows, good food.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

nonnative makes the best pocket tee, it's just too bad they are so damn hard to get.

14. canstyleace

oh man, cant wait for miran's review

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

oh hey winter

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  16. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah I know, gonna have to play hooky and hit the beach on Friday.

1 person likes this.
  17. accordion

accordion Senior member

Try sifr beanstalk for long length and ok neck opening, go xl

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

"You know this Chinese place is good. Look at all the Chinese people eating here." - Every white dude

16 people like this.
  19. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

"I can't believe they raised their prices. This place was supposed to be my secret." - Every white person in the massive queue of only white people at Prosperity Dumpling

8 people like this.
  20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

prosperity dumpling is overrated and they're only popular because they're dirt cheap.

- every asian new yorker

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.