• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos

Reaction score
I looked at it, are they well constructed? I have a herschel supply co. bag that was like $80? or something, and the straps are really cheaply attached and the whole thing (while functional) feels like a gym bag from middle school.

http://www.yoox.com/us/45187062PH/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=45187062PH&sizeId=1

this isn't bad, but hard to get an idea of size on yoox. there's also some ok bags from briggs and riley, but bleh looking.

I have this KVA duffel. It's pretty neat, it can transform into a garment bag and is pretty roomy. Check the ssense link for more pictures/measurements (http://www.ssense.com/men/product/krisvanassche/garment_duffle_bag/40795). Construction seems decent, nothing special about the leather bottom though (plasticky leather).

FYI it was at 50% off ($80 or $90) when I bought it off of Yoox a few months ago, it's likely to hit discounts again later in the summer.

Last edited:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I looked at it, are they well constructed? I have a herschel supply co. bag that was like $80? or something, and the straps are really cheaply attached and the whole thing (while functional) feels like a gym bag from middle school.

http://www.yoox.com/us/45187062PH/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=45187062PH&sizeId=1

this isn't bad, but hard to get an idea of size on yoox. there's also some ok bags from briggs and riley, but bleh looking.

IIRC that bag is from the first kvaxeastpak. Bought one like a year ago and use it as my carry on when I travel, but also on occasion. Its a good looking bag with nice details that holds up... I mean there isnt much to it. Apart from a few scratches on the leather It still looks like new.

Last edited:

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I live a couple blocks away from this rad vintage/used shop and walk by it almost every day. I've sold some stuff there and talked to a couple employees about EG and more sufu stuff but I haven't gone in for a couple months. I finish my exams and, walking home, decide to stop in. Place is pretty dead but as I'm browsing the racks one of the employees runs up to me and gives me this sweater she wants me to try on and drags me around the store giving me stuff while the other employees egg me on. Turns out they always see me walk past and have more or less been playing dress up with me. Kopped a pretty awesome allsaints women's sweater though, basically fits like Silent stuff. Definitely weirdest/most strangely gratifying retail experience so far.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of the like less than handfull of places in Boulder that fit this bill. Way to go man, hijack that ****** hipster boulderbro thing.

Meanwhile, on this Kruger/Supreme tip. I just want someone/ people to like pepper the supreme nyc storefront with wads of 'tottally uncool jokers' stickers. Big ones. Is that too much to ask? I mean really. I know I'm idealistic but it's all i'm asking for.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at it, are they well constructed? I have a herschel supply co. bag that was like $80? or something, and the straps are really cheaply attached and the whole thing (while functional) feels like a gym bag from middle school. I have this KVA duffel. It's pretty neat, it can transform into a garment bag and is pretty roomy. Check the ssense link for more pictures/measurements ([URL]http://www.ssense.com/men/product/krisvanassche/garment_duffle_bag/40795 ). Construction seems decent, nothing special about the leather bottom though (plasticky leather). FYI it was at 50% off ($80 or $90) when I bought it off of Yoox a few months ago, it's likely to hit discounts again later in the summer. [/URL]
The bag on yoox very clearly does not transform into anything.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some everyday pants/jeans in overdyed black/charcoal, decent thigh room (for all them squats) and taper for side zips. Where should I be looking? Rick detroit and zam b look promising, but I'm a 29x30 so I'm afraid hemming them would be a waste. Uniqlo seems like the cheap way out, but the super low rise sounds uncomfortable.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some everyday pants/jeans in overdyed black/charcoal, decent thigh room (for all them squats) and taper for side zips. Where should I be looking? Rick detroit and zam b look promising, but I'm a 29x30 so I'm afraid hemming them would be a waste. Uniqlo seems like the cheap way out, but the super low rise sounds uncomfortable.

Check out Mild Blend in Wicker Park.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, btw,

First ever Viberg Sample Sale, only on Styleforum, starting soon:

This is basically the first true Viberg sample sale ever and it's exclusive to us.
Prices starting at $300. Sale includes everything from collab pieces, sample leathers/soles, handcut patterns, cordovan, etc.
Sale will run at least a month with several batches of boots getting posted.
First batch is 30 styles.
Flat rate shipping is $25 in N. America and $50 for International. All sales will be final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads