1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

It does look cool… certainly interesting. But that commercial, the branding and website are all terrible.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This.

It's 2015. Our online personas are part of us. It's specious to post a certain way, consistently, and then get butthurt when someone describes you the way you describe yourself, but not in the words that you'd like used. I think that what you don't like is the characterization that you are a bit stodgy and suburban, which would be fine, except that that's the way you portray yourself. You think that the things I wrote came out of a vaccuum?

22 people like this.
  3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Hypebeast.

1 person likes this.
  5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't know if you of all people should judge other people for being overweight

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

It must suck when one doesn't like the perception and treatment that one's own actions have wrought.

6 people like this.
  7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Decided to check my credit card balance to make sure i don't have any random charges (haven't checked card in a few days) and today is the day someone decided to de-fraud me.

person bought >200 at mcdonalds, >100 at stacks and $50 at chipotle... i have a feeling a really fat dude stole my card.

1 person likes this.
  8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

9. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

I admire your lack of fuck giving. I give way too many fucks.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thats cold man, if @Mr. Moo would steal my card i'd expect him to be smart and buy 2 rolex (1 for me 1 for him) and a steak dinner or he could be a gentleman about it and just return the card.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Man, this has happened to me twice. Aside from the slight inconvenience of getting a new card (which a lot of companies will overnight if you're in good standing), it's so easy to deal with. For me, I had both times solved over the time span of a 10 minute phonecall. What a time to be alive.

Getting your tax identity stolen though... that took 3 years to fix completely.

12. LA Guy

Right, okay then.

Just a couple of more thoughts. It would be more dignified and less sad if you'd just come out and say "I am a suburban dude, I have suburban tastes. Deal with it." instead of whining about talking the BS about people making unfounded generalizations about you. People agree with me not because I'm super charismatic or anything like that. It's that most people see the same thing as I do. Be a man. If others don't see what you are in flattering terms, who the fuck cares? You shouldn't.

I will say that I did enjoy your Armani leather jacket.

7 people like this.
  13. LA Guy

I'll keep that in mind. One Rolex for me, and one for you. I'm not really a watch guy, but I do like the look of the Sea dweller?

14. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

i thought the thumbnail was @canstyleace 's house

15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

10 people like this.
  16. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

Looking at the Recent Purchase comments I have to admit that I often think about going full out Tom Ford....at the end of the day though Margiela was the right choice

1 person likes this.
  17. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea took 5 mins and the rep didn't sound like it was a big deal either, they are rushing a new card for me tomorrow.

I don't think thats the issue.

The issue is that people are tolerant of the ultra liberal or open-minded opinions and are not tolerant for the semi-conservative ones. Moo comes in and says something that is more conservative than the hive mind thought for example expressing an opinion wearing clothing thats very extreme in a disapproving way. Then others on this forum instead of having a normal discussion start insulting him based on some inane generalizations that they have of the guy. (sound like stylezeitgeist to anyone?) I completely understand why he does not like that. Notice every time he disagrees with something, someone comes in and insults him versus having a discussion of why he thinks the way he thinks. Occasionally people will dish things out and he'll dish back and its funny but more often then not its pointless rudeness.

I personally just stay out of the inane arguments now so thats all i'll say on this issue.

i actually really like the one moo has.. whatever that one is

18. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

19. LA Guy

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

time to get some APC on sale before the company tanks... :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.