• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone share their knowledge on where to find designer's past collections? I usually have a hard time finding anything past the early 2000s.

Pre 2000 is usually problematic.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I going to regret paying retail for an Acne limit shirt? Want one (or more accurately, several), but I keep hearing "Thrift Shop" in my head whenever I consider paying $85 for a t-shirt... ******* Macklemore.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally, I like to think of myself as a traditionalist, however...

(Kiton linen, cashmere, silk blend, tie, PS and shirt are also kiton)

I CAME.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Am I going to regret paying retail for an Acne limit shirt? Want one (or more accurately, several), but I keep hearing "Thrift Shop" in my head whenever I consider paying $85 for a t-shirt... ******* Macklemore.

Perhaps, but I like the new Clowes avatar. Find me a Death Ray shirt!

(No really...he did a Stussy t-shirt collab that looked pretty neat).

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps, but I like the new Clowes avatar. Find me a Death Ray shirt!

(No really...he did a Stussy t-shirt collab that looked pretty neat).

Damn, I had no idea.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Probably 10 people have flaked on my Julius jacket. It's incredible really.

it's because you're a 44 and not a 46, snake :( else you know you can count on me :foo:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
habitant, if only I fit more of your stuff or could afford them, I would be your marketplace lover.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fashion in general is oversaturated right now ......few things sell out before sales. There is so many ways to spend a couple hundred dollars so I guess that why people flake a lot.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still sucks. Everyone tries to screw you. "would you take 150$ for this 600$ jacket, that was originally 1300$?" "oh, you wore it once? well that should take 400$ off the price" "well, it's not really the colour I like, do you have the receipt?"

The worst! 'what's your paypal, i'll buy it' then ******* nothing!

I still think 400$ plus those common projects is a sweet deal Distorbiant.. don't be cheap!

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I recently sold the last item in my closet that was getting no use which was a pair of jeans. I can safely say now that my b&s days are over. I accepted the hit you take when just wanting to sell an item, lesson learned. I never buy from places that don't accept returns (unless I am 100% sure on a item) and if I am not loving the item I return asap, that way I don't waste 2 or 3 bills :brick:. Feels good, best of luck to you guys

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anyone share their knowledge on where to find designer's past collections? I usually have a hard time finding anything past the early 2000s.

I think Firstview has some late 90s stuff. That was when digital photography started to be viable. Previously it was probably film and scanning so a pain for websites to archive.

Damn, I had no idea.

How about a Lloyd Lewellyn tee?
cool.gif

Last edited:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"would you take 150$ for this 600$ jacket, that was originally 1300$?"

:brick:
I recently sold the last item in my closet that was getting no use which was a pair of jeans. I can safely say now that my b&s days are over. I accepted the hit you take when just wanting to sell an item, lesson learned. I never buy from places that don't accept returns (unless I am 100% sure on a item) and if I am not loving the item I return asap, that way I don't waste 2 or 3 bills :brick:. Feels good, best of luck to you guys

True. I no longer keep anything that I don't completely like. Im also buying less and at less discount/retail an amazingly Im happier with those purchases.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

still sucks. Everyone tries to screw you. "would you take 150$ for this 600$ jacket, that was originally 1300$?" "oh, you wore it once? well that should take 400$ off the price"

Haha. Who really paid retail -- or the fantasy-ish MSRP -- for that '$1300' jacket, though? Most likely, no one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads