1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonos95

Jonos95 New Member

what up y'all... long-time reader, first-time commentator, (or whatever you want to call this):

my usual style is what i like to refer to as a-little-more-classic-soho-look than i like to admit, but on friday's it's back to my punk-rock roots. Only translated to the over-40 category. let me know if you think it works. for kicks, I'm working my worn steve madden imitation dm's... really comfortable.

i know, know i should have put a better pictures, but i don't feel like it.

2. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

At this point I think it's mostly their third-party stuff that I'd consider buying. This one I really just got for the lulz to try on and return. RFT: I have no compunction about buying stuff simply to try it on / handle it in person with no intention of keeping it if it's from a big company like J Crew or Ralph Lauren or a warehouse-ish discount operation like Yoox or Gilt; on the other hand, I don't like the idea of buying something from a smaller boutique unless I think there's a reasonable chance that I'm going to keep it.

3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

same here. East Dane is great for that purpose, especially if you have a Prime account

4. jet

jet Senior member

I'm feelin me some nonnative, expert bros what size would I be? Thinking a 3 would fit me but I don't want that shit to be tight, 40-41 chest 172 lbs.

Seems like the knits are MIC which would be a shame at that price point.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Does anybody know where I can get a beige/wheat/off white crewneck sweatshirt?
    I thought I remember Orlebar Brown making that colour but I guess not. Ideally something Classic, not thin, kinda slim-fit with the "V" stitch.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

If oatmeal falls into the acceptable color range, a few of the Japanese repro companies make loopwheel sweatshirts (Strike Gold, Studio d'Artisan, probably a couple others).

7. OccultaVexillum

That could work, outside of self edge, BiG and Blue Owl where would I find those brands?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Japan. Unionmade carries similar. But why not those retailers? They are all solid.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

East Dane sounds good
    Anyone ever get those East Bay sport catalogs when they were a kid?
    I'd circle a bunch of baseball + basketball stuff and ask for it for Christmas

I've never shopped from east dane before but I imagine it's the same kinda thing but with great danes running it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I'm a 46, and I take 1 in everything. Not tight, not too loose either. Knits have a lot more free-play going on, and going TTS on most of them will result in a cozy slightly oversized look. I would think a 3 would be good for you unless you have pretty broad shoulders, which you may want to stay away from (I guess you already know that from JP brands)

I think I've had some knits MiJ, but yea, most are MiC. The quality is there though, and much, much cheaper proxying in Japan. I'd recommend that if you can find what you want in your size

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

12. OccultaVexillum

None of those shops have what I'm looking for. So I don't where else to look for those brands.

13. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

depends on how good they are
    I did my due diligence in proving that the person was lying, but unfortunately most services lean heavily towards the side of the buyer. It took a lot more effort from me than it should have considering the USPS tracking number confirmed that the person signed for the package.
    I had to call multiple USPS locations, his building management, and eBay.

Also, don't ship to Italy unless you're certain you can trust the buyer. Tracking is really dodgy and it's thusly easier for people to scam you. I know a lot of online sellers who will not ship there.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

http://www.benchandloom.com/shop/sweaters/519

And iirc, you are a larger dude, and they have up to an XXL (really an XL, and probably not a huge one).

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Ah yes. And those CD order catalogs from Tower Records.

16. accordion

accordion Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. OccultaVexillum

Thanks Fok!
    Not quite as cream as I wanted but might fit the bill, ordered the XXL.

18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

maybe tack on some Raf cement chain shoes while your at it.

19. sipang

sipang Senior member

^ I have such items in profusion, this can be arranged

Thought about doing this but didn't want to deal with the global program bs.

Contacted him, doubt he'll answer though.

Tracking alone is pretty much worthless these days anyway, even signature confirmation means close to shit to paypal on most days. In any case, yeah it's definitely an uphill battle.

20. KongGeorgeVII

KongGeorgeVII Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.