1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

why the sweatpants hate? they are comfy, can look decent in a loungey way, and with good materials I don't see them being that far off from wider leg trousers. Plus elastic/drawstring waist gives much better fit.

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Agree 100% with KOY.
    Every now and then I just go though forums and maybe add something else but 95% of the time I just check subbed threads with new posts.

3. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yea, subscriptions without email ... site only... or you'll get flooded with email I suppose?

It's the only way to check this site on your phone...where browsing around isn't really ideal.

4. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

when the sweatpants brigade launches their final assault on the non-sweatpants resistance, I will be right there on the barricade, belting out "Do you hear the people sing" while the looming darkness creeps closer and closer

5 people like this.
  5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

please take your toaster oven discussion to the dedicated "How do you cook YOUR bread?" thread

10 people like this.
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You mean the "random food thoughts thread" ;)

7. OccultaVexillum

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I think therein lies the problem. I've often thought about trying something like Yohji, but you can barely find something used for like $400. That's a pretty high risk proposition for most people.

What if I told you that margarine is often not vegan.

Toaster ovens are for single people to cook their Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. They are not good at nor should they be considered for the purpose of preparing toast.

9. rms340

rms340 Senior member

Fair point. There have been derails from talking about fashion and I have not been bothered because I was more interested in those derails than anime talk, maybe because I have never been an anime fan. I think I think my comment was just a passive aggressive knee jerk reaction to Brad's whining.

My parents use their toaster oven to heat up snacks from the local Indian grocery store which makes fresh snacks. I thought they were crazy, but those cutlets taste pretty good after being toaster oven'd even though they are 3 days old!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  10. the shah

the shah Senior member

hmm this strikes me as excessive unless by "trying" you mean going out to buy at retail ... then again it's not an unreasonable misconception since LVR has preorders up and nearly 3k for a linen vest lol
    http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...ender=men&SubLine=&DesignerId=030&CategoryId=

all those stores are so boring though, there are a handful of really good places across the world with probably Eclaireur being one of the best

11. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

I was really impressed with Bloomingdales in SF. The Bloomingdales around here are just overpriced Michael Kors made in China crap that ends up going on super clearance. I also really like MAC, not sure which location I went to. Still kicking myself that I forgot to go to Maas when I was out there. Next time, I hope.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If there are like, 30 posts in a row, I would do just that. We did it with food (general) and donuts (specific).

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Shoefitr has been around forever and is pretty impressive - but for some reason, they never turned it into an app, they have focused on B2B and finding online stores to use the software. For example : http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Zoom_Elite_7_QS/descpage-NE7QSM1.html

(click on the little blue and green shoe on the right side of the screen)

If shoefitr decided to use their database for a phone app - it would be the most useful thing

14. OccultaVexillum

@GDL I'll have to check that out. Thanks.
    I've only really seen little self mad spread sheets that generally only deal with a small number of brands. I haven't looked at the asphalt gold app in any kind of detail yet.

@bigskipp all I know is my wife is vegan and she uses "margarine", something called earth balance. She uses a lot of stuff that I would cinsider suspect though.

EDIT: yeah so the above sneaker matrix app is all just nike/Adidas/reebok etc. not even common projects.

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Love that book. Tea and two slices, right?

We briefly discussed it in the "Let's eat 100k slices of bread in 2014" thread, but ultimately it was too much of a derail and we decided it belonged in the kitchen appliances sub-forum.

IIRC @sq4you made a luxe sneakers sizing matrix at some point. No app AFAIK.

Speaking of which, I have an internal struggle raging over whether to buy another pair of overpriced sneakers. On the one hand, they are objectively awesome, I know I'll wear them, and I don't own any blue sneakers. On the other hand, I only found out they existed maybe yesterday, they're objectively overpriced even on sale, and I already have the same shoes in two other colorways.

16. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

I use subs, but I'm in a habit of just going to my profile and getting to my threads using "Your recent activity"

17. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Tried on some buttero sneakers the other day and decided I don't really like luxe/baller sneakers. Chucks, Stans, sk8 his, etc do it for me I think. Or maybe I'm just convincing myself since they're like a quarter of the price?

Also, lol:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

This sounds delicious. I need to try it.

19. Donut

Donut Senior member

Accepted a seller's price on grailed and I was waiting to pay but I got no reply. I keep making offers and sending messages but it turns out he sold it to a consignment shop. :(

20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

For people who are selling and specifically shipping a lot, this service might be of interest. People seem to like it: http://www.shyp.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.