1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Wore my Peir Wu X Snowman pants today for the first time in a while and everything just felt right. They sort of have that effect every time I wear them.
    Really big urge right now to switch out all my pants for some wider styles. Prob time to finally give Yohji a try...

2 people like this.
  2. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

really hate a lot of the fabrics SFTM use and it is $$$$

2 people like this.
  3. Eddiee

Eddiee Senior member

don't know what kind of 'voluminous' you're looking for but Vibskov Jetlag trousers have a pretty well cut and elegant silhouette. Slightly elongated rise, pleated and roomy seat/thigh with a taper at the knee to a slim but not skinny lower leg. Easy to wear with both slim and oversize stuff on top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have the AW13(?) version which was in tencel, feels super comfortable. I know they did a linen blend for this past season

I see CDG's already been mentioned.

1 person likes this.
  4. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Any of the tech fabrics are terrible. Absolutely agree on the pricing too. It was in the space of a season or two they went from $300 pants to $800+.

5. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

thanks for recs guys. to clarify I'm thinking something evoking Asian martial art influences: pleated waist, relaxed throughout but no serious dropcrotch, no taper at bottom so it stays flowy. looked through hlorenzo and seems like I should keep an eye on old damir, yyph, christophe lemaire, ziggy chen

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

For anyone looking for NicelyNice(c)-style pants, these attachment jeans on forward fit the bill. Roomy upper block, strong taper, stretch fabric. Sizes 4 and 5 in stock; 4 is about a 50, 5 a 52 (5 was too big for me). At 156$ they're pretty snazzy - denim didn't really seem any better than uniqlo, but if you're looking for that particular silhouette, there you go.

http://www.fwrd.com/product-attachment-jean-in-black/ATTA-MJ1/?&d=Mens

8. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

they look so bad on the model...

1 person likes this.
  9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Or, and I am going to do this, get a gi bottom, and overdye it blue, then black. That's what I am going to do.

1 person likes this.
  10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I have money and I want to buy this thing but I can't find this thing that I want to buy. But, this one store that has this thing available but has stopped responding to my emails (my last email was "Yes, I'll buy it. Here's my Paypal for the invoice: ".

Please let me give you my money I just want to look cool for internet people

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    5 people like this.
  11. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I hope this is a gateway drug to you overdying a judo belt, twice, and wearing in lieu of a normal belt in life-settings like work and clubs.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't have a judo belt, but I have a few others I could use.

I'd have to get a white gi though. I've worn a blue one for the longest time.

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I just have this sudden urge to see overdyed belts become a trend. So if someone could be the originator of such a trend, in this moment, i am very much enthused for such a reality and someone stepping up

i am sure this will pass quickly

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

gi=kimono, it's the uniform for training judo or jiu jitsu.
    not going to lie I kind of was hoping for a fashion-y version of DBZ pants and boots that looks almost socially acceptable.
    ...and I actually do have a black gi (shoyoroll) which has pretty impressive fabric on the pants. must resist...

16. benn25

benn25 Senior member

Hi guys. UK resident here. This is a rant. lol. 'Firetrap'.....What the hell?!

Im the kind of person who doesnt like buying stuff that next man is probably going to wear. The internet has been a lifesaver. Ill explain.
    Wherever you live, if you shop in your local High Street, its a guaranteed fact that a large % of men are going to be purchasing the same items, therefore theres a large possibility that when you're out and about in your local area you will see someone wearing the same garm you've purchased.
    This, for me, is quite annoying. Yes the guy has great taste...BUT....its still annoying. lol.

This is why the internet has been a lifesaver. I can shop worldwide. The % of men wearing the same garms in my local area gets reduced considerable. I like. I like alot. lol.

Now I decided to do a bit of online shopping the other day and thought Id have a look at some old brands that I use to wear. One of the brands that I use to love back in the day was Firetrap. Back in the day it was mid range priced. Cool designs, good styling, quality workmanship, etc. Very nice brand.

So I decided to hit up their website. Saw a nice polo shirt, and a sweater. Thought, "sweet, ill have that". But before I did I decided to do a bit of hunting to see if I could get it cheaper.
    So punch the letters into Google and find my results coming back with......'SPORTS DIRECT".

Sports Direct!!??? Wtf!

If no one knows what Sports Direct is. Its a sports shop that you will find in every single town up and down the country that sell sports clothing items for a lot cheaper than other sports clothes chains. Cheap, throw away consumables. They have these massive bags that you see the less fortunate using all the time. They have a place in the retail world, absolutely, but its very much the lower end of the market.

[​IMG]

So when I see that Sports bloody Direct is selling Firetrap items my first emotion is confusion. What the hell is this brand doing on a cheap sports shop website? My 1st thought is, "theyve sold their soul" and then its just disbelief. So anyway I go on the site to see what else they're selling and low and behold I find theyre selling the sweater Id just seen on the official Firetrap website. My next feeling is....gutted.

Firetrap use to be one of those brands back in the day, for me, that was new, fresh, bold. It said something about you, about your taste, about your lifestyle.

Now its turned into a 2 bob note of a label that every tom, dick and harry can purchase without even knowing its history of its past standing in the UK retail sector.

Its.....cheap, its lost that respect and now its everywhere.

Disappointed.....it goes to say I didnt purchase those items and wont be ever again....unfortunately.

1 person likes this.
  17. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

You can buy death metal band tees at SportsDirect though, which is kinda neat.

Plus they have those giant mugs for when you're really hungover and need a massive tea.

18. benn25

benn25 Senior member

Haha. Dont get me wrong, Ashley has carved himself out a nice portion of the sports retail market and what you mention are good. Ive shopped in there once or twice and got myself some real bargains. But Firetrap was and is never a sports brand. Why muddle what was a mid range street label in with sports/throw away consumables. It doesnt make sense.

He's sullied the Firetrap waters. Its all well and good him buying the brand by the looks of it, but keep it as a separate entity imv.

Its like meat being sold in a fishmongers. Whats it doing there? lol.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

1. Shit ,they have some ugly stuff.
    2. High street brands get sold on the high street, so if you want to look different, don't shop on the high street.
    3. Polo's are a no no on here.

20. benn25

benn25 Senior member

Oooo, look at you, bit tetchy arent we today. [​IMG]

1) Horses and courses. I dont know how old you are but back in the day (1990's) they were an excellent mid range brand. Had some real nice garms.
    2) Check my original post. I rarely shop on the High Street.
    3) What are you, the polo bouncer? lol. The clue is in the thread title. Its not all about what you purchase but a random thought. That was a random thought. How a premium brand (per se) gets taken over and then loses its whole identity.

Peace [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.