1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

@fireflygrave i'd hunt through the N&F thread for backup on this, cuz it's been a while, but i recall that people see more than an inch of stretch--2 sounds insane, but hey, if APCs do...

of course, some SFers recommend a loose waist. not a bad idea here, especially if you're gonna be moving around a lot.

2. ghostface

ghostface Senior member

why not just get some levi's 511s or something? now raw, but stretchy/comfortable and a good fit.

1 person likes this.
  3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Sophnet tweed chesterfield looks cool.

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

3Sixteen made nice pair of raw grey jeans, not sure if you could still find a pair.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Seriously, I work in a hospital and I've seen some really really really sick people that have unfortunately not made it. Most of them probably didn't go on about this so much.

Also, this is a clothing forum, not one to drone on about your mysterious health issues. There are plenty of websites and forums where people post about that stuff.

It really pisses me off when I come out of the OR after having watched a 15lb piece of someone removed because of disease burden or see someone like that come in to clinic later that is trying their best to do well and thriving as best as is possible, to come from that to seeing these stupid fucking posts is really just obnoxious. It's the total opposite of what I come to SF for and totally takes away from the experience.

There are plenty of health forums for you to talk about that. If clothes and fashion were really such an escape for you, you'd drag yourself into those discussions instead of trying to drag people into whatever shit is going on in your life.

If you're really sick, I hope you get better. If you're not going to get better, I hope you stay comfortable. But most of the people here really don't give a flying fuck about whatever stupid guy you're dating that is giving you jeans or refused to buy you jeans or about how xyz boyfriend broke up with you and now you can't buy more clothes. Grow up.

37 people like this.
  6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I miss me some good DP92 Hilfiger baller fits! :lol:

7. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

There's a little part of me that misses the raw denim from my americana days :embar: and working in the shop is the only place where I'd actually break them in and they'd be useful

1 person likes this.
  8. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

I have been delaying my next black jeans purchase ad infinitum, but if I do I'd probably just get Levi 511 because the price to fit ratio is hard to beat. I was also considering Acne max cash because they are supposed to be pretty durable and have favorable reviews. THVM is cheaper and Faust from SZ likes them. Or get Zam B's if you're ok with spirals/roomy thighs.

1 person likes this.
  9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't know if Acne makes raw denim, but most people I know who wear their stuff swear by it.

10. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Acne jeans work for a specific body type. I've tried many different fits and they don't work for me however they all look great on my brother in law now , even though were the same waist size he has very slim thighs. If you lift/cycle/ski a lot there are better option such as Somet/BBS/IE and rick Owens Torrence cut

11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I hope in a good way!!![​IMG]

Btw it's Hirsh!!![​IMG]

12. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

U-ni-ty is an intriguing brand that needs more stockists.

(hint hint @conceptual 4est hint hint)

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

How late am I to the +j comeback :eek:

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I just PMed Regis about them.

Very Margiela-ry

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Ooh yeah the similarities are definitely there

I have found that U-ni-ty's tailoring is softer than Margiela's, though. Less structured. And the fabrics are more roughshod-- I get a sort of 'arts n crafts' vibe from them which is pretty sweet

16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah.

I've been eyeing up that painted blazer on yoox for a couple of months. Also strangely tempted by that painted waistcoat thing.

17. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

oh... oh god. what have I done.

I... think I'm just gonna stop selling things on grailed now...

18. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

What did you get this too?

19. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

Nah. Well, I have gotten that before.

Quote:
    Just... regretting a sale a little bit. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

grailed needs a copywriter.

also, toj thread has reached peak insanity as people are now selling their spots in order to buy other spots that are further ahead in the queue

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.