1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Clorox pen before a cold hand wash?

2. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Deleted

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

If it's a white shirt, you can mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide together until you get a paste, and then scrub that stuff on with a toothbrush. You can also use OxiClean -- either by mixing it into a paste with water (like the hydro peroxide and baking soda), or by mixing it with more water and letting it soak with your shirt in a bucket.

If your shirt is colored, you'll obviously want to test this carefully in an inconspicuous place. Underside of the hem or cuff or something.

With both solutions, you should let the solution sit for a few hours. And when you're done, wash on the highest temperature allowable.

Personally, I mix OxiClean with lots of water, and just let things soak overnight before washing. Usually does the trick

2 people like this.
  4. jet

jet Senior member

that sucks

sorry to hear that, considering the item involved i'm not surprised (high demand high dollar) people will be willing to do anything for dunks probably even suck some dick

damn shame, somebody needs to jump him in an alley and reclaim your shoes

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ New thread in the works? "Will Suck Dick for Dunks!" Probably be some takers on that.

2 people like this.
  6. dieworkwear

RFT: Online shops are great, but there's something special about brick & mortars. Just the ability to thumb through new things and try stuff on. It so much easier to discover things that way.

Feel jealous that NYC has so many great stores. San Francisco has some good ones too, but I wish we had more.

1 person likes this.
  7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I try to get the same feeling by browsing all, or by new arrivals.

LA has better stores than NYC, generally.

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

If it's a white shirt, you could try blueing.

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Need some more "anti fit" pants in a winter weight (looking for wool/tweed etc).
    I've bern wearing Dana Lee stock chinos and W+H Tokyo chino a lot, but they are all relatively lightweight cotton. Any body got any leads or brands I might check into? Just loose thigh, longer rise and a real aggressive taper
    I know people ask a lot for pants that will fit their gargantuan thigh, I'm just looking for non-slim pants with a taper and with more substantial fabric for the winter months.
    Nonnative? EG don't seem to have much of a taper, or is that not true? Found some nice Lemaire but they a bit more than I'm looking to spend.

10. accordion

accordion Senior member

Been looking at almost exactly the same thing, SP has a schneider trouser, zam barrett minimalist jeans, different aesthetic but roughly same fit. I don't think EG has anything but I'm not looking for cargos.

11. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

I been wearing a pair of Aros Chinos from Norse Project, they are a looser fit with taper. My size 33 have a leg opening of 7 inches. They are heavy and well built. Caught them on sale at End for around 80 USD. Not bad.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Barena has a high rise pant called Braghier Bullo that is high rise, roomy thigh and big taper (Size 48 / 38 has 13 thigh, 7 leg opening I think)

They should come in heavier wools / tweeds but outside of ordering a bunch from yoox not sure how you would get them

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Aros definitely aren't loose/relaxed in the thigh. Unless they have completely changed the cut since last FW they are pretty damn slim.

Thanks, I'll take a look. All of the looser Barena's I've come accross seem to have cuffed ankles.

14. Jay Dowle

Jay Dowle Active Member

I have a DAKS blazer and a cashmire overcoat (marvellous charity shop find) that I have had more than 10 years. Neither show much wear.

15. dieworkwear

16. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

"Recovering fashion designer John Galliano has said his comeback will be “bigger and better” than before — and sources tell Page Six it will be with Maison Martin Margiela.

"Galliano has secretly been in talks to start a haute couture line for Margiela, which was acquired by the Diesel brand in 2002 and has been without a creative director since 2009, after its founder, Belgian designer Martin Margiela, left the business. But Galliano’s rep says he’s in talks with a number of brands, and there’s nothing official with Margiela."
    http://pagesix.com/2014/09/29/john-galliano-says-hell-be-making-a-big-comeback/

17. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Galliano battled severe bouts of anti-semitism, but with a supportive sponsor, and 12-step program, is well on his way to a full recovery.

10 people like this.
  18. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

... I thought Blazy was the head designer at Margiela (officially or not)

19. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

head designer and creative director are two separate titles, even if the roles can overlap. blazy is the head designer, but I don't think anyone technically holds the position of creative director at the moment.

edit: Margiela has also made a point of not highlighting any one individual designer, saying instead they're a collective. Not having a creative director was in keeping with that. if they hired Galliano as creative director it would be a big departure from that since 1. they would now have a visible acting head, and 2. it would be a very visible acting head in Galliano—basically a total 180 from their previous MO.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.