1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

yea cant go wrong with ath m50 or senn hd25. beyerdynamic dt1350 rivals hd25, but with cooler looks and less clamp. more expensive though. out of those three, ath m50 will be the most comfy because it covers the whole ear (circumaural). but hence it is rge bulkiest.

if you are okay with bulky circumaural headphones and are not really planning to bring them around a lot, then go for those since they are most comfy. beyerdynamic tesla stuff, or beyerdynamic dt770 properly amped are serious bznz

in short, comfort and fashunz in headphones are usually inversely related, and when u want super sound quality it complicates things even more

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

So, the real question that should be asked of @Synthese is whether he'd rather look like he is a serious music producer, or a cool hood cat, or a rich guy with a ridiculous home sound system for listening to opera while indulging in murder and mayhem. Right now, he looks like he is using the free stuff that came with his phone, so, pretty much any of those would be an improvement.

4 people like this.
  3. LA Guy

I really hope that he is not kidding, I would get an Hermes croc case and flex on basics.

1 person likes this.
  4. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

TH-M50 sounds good but I get sweaty due to the lack of ventilation, which I guess is why no sound passes through. I do live in Brisbane and it is 25+ degrees usually though

5. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

putting in a +1 for senns. i havent handled the momentums but Ive had hd555s and hd595s in the past and id wear them during my marathon summer computer sessions w/o issue.

ive got he-500s now, theyre so goddamn big i look like i grafted cans to my head

6. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

If you want a seriously good-looking pair, check out AIAIAI, they got 2 or 3 different models that all get pretty good reviews (you should probably try these on first though, the "tone" isn't quite the same as normal cheap headphones and atleast one of their models has an uncomfortable headband according to some)

7. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

just avoid those beats, Bose, B&W portable (all overpriced, not bad, but overpriced) and entry level cans and you'll be fine I guess. I used to troll head-fi before stylefo, lol dunno what have they become now.

I think the best looking (and sounding!) "small" headphones are Sennheiser HD25 I-II and Beyer DT1350. the former more industrial looking, the latter luxe looking. now to find the sf member/ designer equivalent of that...

8. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Try them on and listen. Comfort and function. I like my vmodas. I've fucked then up while lifting and they still work amazingly

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Anyone here og enough to still own a b.son hoody, the hottest item of 2008??

Also lol @ this Washington football team, humiliated by South Park then humiliated by the NY Giants, dunno which is worse

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

can't shortchange yourself on a good set of cans

2 people like this.
  12. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Still got one hidden away in a closet somewhere.

Edit: along with some worn APCs, unworn raw Diors, and a Toj0 and white tees. Talk about SF 2008-2010.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  13. LA Guy

That's new school. I have two pairs of Nudie Regular Ralphs somewhere in storage. Also, have passed one of the old "classic fit" Wings+Horns tiger fleeces onto my son. Also, a full zip through Acne hoodie from about 2005. Still sometimes break out a boxy pullover hoodie from Filippa K sweatshirt that my wife got me when we first got married, from the Filippa K store in Munich. Oh, right, and Oki-ni technical fleece hoodies with transparent snaps from those days when Oki-ni was an online (with only a "try-on" B&M location) streetwear store selling collabs exclusively. Maybe that should be a contest: put together an outfit using only clothes that you have owned for at least a decade. I know that Parker would give me a run for my money.

#youroldschoolismynewschool

1 person likes this.
  14. accordion

accordion Senior member

Everything I read on here makes me think I should've started caring about clothes 3-4 years ago, everything was cheaper, better constructed, with less hype, etc, back then. Or is that just false nostalgia? Maybe in two years Kanye will rock Jan-Jan van Essche and Butteros will retail at 1k a pair.

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Pssh, everyone knows the slim Jim is the superior fit

8 people like this.
  16. eternaldrake

speaking of old stuff what happened to comments in thumbs

2 people like this.
  17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

TCWalter won and the rest of us were resigned to our fate.

9 people like this.
  18. eternaldrake

oh god memories kicking in

1 person likes this.
  19. LA Guy

Because the can't be moderated. there was a lot of abuse. So, we had to disable them. If the functionality ever changes, then we might bring them back. Yes, this is why we can't have nice things, it's true.

20. LA Guy

Cheaper: yes. The rise in the price of designer goods has been well documented. That's been going on for way more than 3-4 years though. More like, in the last decade. Put it this way: in 2002, Jil Sander was called insane and commercially disastrous because she was insisting on materials that would result in $800 RTW sweaters. This was part of the big fight between her and Patrizio Bertelli. Try finding a luxury brand these days where you can get a sweater for under $800.
    Better constructed: no, at least not in the aggregate.
    Less hype: yes. In the past half decade, a lot has changed one the landscape. Emergent platforms like tumblr and big brands co-opting bloggers has make the hype circle faster and faster.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.