1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

May be it says something about my sad social life but I rarely make phone calls on my Note 8, so it's bulk isn't a problem - roughly the size of a filofax for those of you who are turning grey and have decent memories. I have to carry it in my hand or a bag (the odd bit of outerwear will cope) - yes if it's in my bag I might have to phone whoever rung me back but I don't get that many incoming calls either.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So, I shouldn't upgrade my 5 to a 6 or 6 PLUS??

I am not familiar with scripts / coding in general, but I fully support a template at least as an option for sellers to use in their listing.

I think the idea has been brought up, but also re-consider separating CM B&S to that of SW&D as two completely different animals.

3. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

it seems rakuten refuses to accept my debit card and this particular seller doesnt accept paypal. whats the easiest workaround for this? the bank would slap me with fees if i did a bank transfer right? (i dont have a credit card)

4. jet

jet Senior member

all black 5 was the best iphone

5 people like this.
  5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

People have been experiencing warping with the new Iphones when putting them in pockets.

6. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Is your bank just not authorizing the charge because it's out of the country? Have you tried calling them?

I've actually never had this happen with rakuten before and my bank is notorious for stopping payments online with overseas stores.

7. habitant

habitant Senior member

Should have measurements posted with clear photos. Describe the condition in the description... kind of basic.

8. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

they are. thanks for the input though.

9. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

My current phone and I agree that shape and style it is perfect. However, there's a pretty bad battery issue with these. They didn't address it but I think its why they pulled the 5 off the market completely when the 5C and S came out.

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

iPhones have notoriously shitty batteries, they had it since mk 1.

I'm completely lost now about what get.

11. agvs

agvs Senior member

Maybe consider using a proxy like fromjapan?

12. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

i figured it was just japanese sellers not taking debit cards, ill give them a call and see

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

i've been playing around with the 6 plus of a coworker some and it seems pretty damn good to me. the camera is outstanding. video is really incredible on it, especially the slow mo. battery life is much better than the 5s. processor is way better. i think the 6 / 6 plus are awesome so far. a lot of people feel that way. for example: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/16/iphone-6-review/

i also don't think the bending thing is going to affect most people. would anyone here really put a giant phone in their pocket and sit with it there for hours? i'd be just as worried about screwing up my pants. it's certainly less than ideal that the 6 plus can bend like that, but it's a phone, not a crowbar. take something that thin and light and put a bunch of pressure on it and it's going to bend. to make a version that doesn't bend would require a case made of a heavier metal than aluminum, but then the phone would also feel much heavier and the weight could be a problem. it's a trade off, not necessarily a major design flaw.

for me it's more a question of the size. do you want a phone that big? i barely use my phone for actually talking on the phone. i spend way more time browsing, so for me the extra screen real estate is nice. my only hesitation in getting the 6 plus is that I do put my phone in my pocket when walking around without a bag (but don't ever sit on it because it's a phone and i know it can break). the 6 plus seems like it could be uncomfortably large for that, but the 6 still seems good. i may go for the 6 for that reason. it's got a nice big screen, significantly larger than the 5's screen without having a much larger body. think they did a good job there, and it seems like a definite improvement over the 5 in my opinion.

i've also played around with a friend's samsung note (also really huge) a bunch and i think the industrial design of the iPhone is nicer and the camera is definitely better.

14. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

That thing that bothers me is the Apple doesn't even try to use technology that is readily available on the market. There are already phones meant to bend and withstand pressure, use scratch resistant/unbreakable glass, and are waterproof. This whole concept of, 'Oh we made it thinner, bigger, and lighter with a longer lasting battery' is getting old. This is coming from someone who uses Apple products for basically everything. They haven't been innovative with their products in 6+ years. The only thing they really do well now is marketing.

Here's to hoping Marc Newson plays a bigger role in the development of the next iPhone and not just that futuristic pokemon player they call a watch.

15. pickpackpockpuck

if you're talking about the sapphire glass when you refer to the scratch-resistant/unbreakable glass, apparently that isn't as impervious as was made out. it can actually shatter more easily than glass, and has some other issues: http://www.businessinsider.com/here...akable-sapphire-glass-for-the-iphone-6-2014-9

re: waterproofing, not something I personally care about that much, but i see your point. and I still don't worry too much about bending my phone, but if that's something people are concerned about they should definitely consider the samsung. for me the stuff that really matters is performance and design, and apple phones, in my opinion, are just nicer than the competition. they're not doing anything super innovative (though NFC is kinda cool), but is anyone doing anything super innovative? i don't really know of a company that's changing the game. they're all just trying to refine, and apple continues to do really well there.

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

NFC innovative? That's been around for years.

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Don't you guys have a consumer guarantees act?

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

ARE YOU TRYING TO REGULATE THE MARKET?

6 people like this.
  19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I think he is talking about gorilla glass, waterproofing would be nice, I've had issues with mine in the rain, as I got caught out without a coat and my clothing got soaked.

BUT have you ever used it?

I don't know anyone who has ever used it on their android phones.

20. pickpackpockpuck

i mean the features that use it like apple pay. but no place accepts it for the moment anyway so that's useless. still, any company doing anything truly innovative with phones and being successful at it? i'm sure they may be out there but i can't really think of any (not my area of expertise so that isn't saying much)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.