1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

natan, I actually make these DIY by buying polos (I like Muji) and cutting the collars off myself. It's super easy and surprisingly effective.

Patrik Ervell SS15 will have a pretty sick bomber collar polo.

3 people like this.
  2. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

which hair stylist is this

3. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

4. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

I'm tempted to go there next time I'm in NY and ask for a haircut that goes best with RO.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

What's everybody's thoughts on Niche?

NMWA has a short sleeve sweater that I always thought could be pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

They sold out of the colour I wanted in my size a long time ago, but for the price I might pick this up.
    Has anybody here picked anything up from them? Or maybe the NMWA dudes could speak on it?

6. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

its damn nice, substantial, great texture, go for it...

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Niche is awesome. Have a shirt and a pair of shorts.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

Well at least I will have gotten my size correct. So drunk again.

2 people like this.
  9. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

paging the barena people, i recall @shoreman1782 addressing my sizing question a while ago?
    well turns out barena is rather tts, but this one is made out of linen-cotton canvas fabric and it doesn't stretch at all.
    so it's very tight across the back in size 52 for my frame. a few days ago I came across another barena jacket in ragtag osaka, this one made from the soft cotton material that felt like knit, but not thick ass sweater knit, and it fits really comfy in size 50... damn! it is white in colour so i decided against purchasing.

now my question is how to be certain of the materials if it is an online purchase? does the different names correspond to strictly different categories, like boglioli with the k jacket and dover? the soft one had "toppa folpa" written inside the tag, i dunno why it has two names lol. while the canvas one, i dont even know the name, it was through yoox and there is no tag.

any info would be great!

10. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Niche is great. I own that short sleeve sweater you posted. Check in the No Man Walks Alone and WAYWT threads for for pics I posted. Niche is Japanese sized so size up one from usual. I am a size small in just about all brands but take a medium in Niche tops including the short sleeved pocket sweater.

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Thanks guys! And yeah I was wondering about sizing. I'm generally XL, occasionally L, measurements looks good in an XL on NMWA.
    Cheers

1 person likes this.
  13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

There was also a good @jet fit pic with that piece

1 person likes this.
  14. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

I dont know about the full Barena lineup, but I know that the Toppa jacket and the Torceo jacket are two different models. The Toppa is generally a little longer in the body and maybe a little more conservative (if you can say that about Barena). The Folpa is the material, a jersey fabric in this case. I pretty much always have to seize up at least one if not two sizes on their non-jersey jackets. Jersey and knit fabrics are more forgiving.

15. shiser

shiser Member

bumps!

16. sti1zkin

sti1zkin Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever received the wrong items from Barneys Warehouse?

I ordered two pairs of pants and got one of the pants and a pair of shorts.

According to the product names in the package contents I was supposed to get two pants but the numbers on the tag for the shorts matches the product ID for the pants I didn't get. I'm guessing the mistake is a result of the tags being on the wrong product. Is this going to be a huge mess to prove that I really did receive the wrong item?

17. jet

jet Senior member

we don't work at barneys so your guess is as good as ours

contact them maybe?

2 people like this.
  18. diniro

diniro Senior member

Yeah I once ordered a Tim Coppens button up shirt and got a Tim Coppens wrist wrap thing. Call them and they'll set you straight. My shirt was out of stock so they just refunded me after I shipped the thing back.

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Speaking of which, I saw an amazing Tim Coppens jacket the other day, did a Google Images search to see if there was some place I could buy it, and just saw a bunch of pics of @conceptual 4est's face.

[​IMG]

19 people like this.
  20. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Tween sell me that godamned jacket

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.