• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saw a hasidic woman on the train who looked straight out of an Ann D. show. long black coat, black preacher hat. looked good, actually.

In Florence over the summer, saw a 30-something hasidic guy dressed in an ultra-minimal black coat that reached his feet, sleek derbies and a wide brimmed hat reminiscent of what AFL bought recently. He was also wearing round, Lennon-esque frames. Hands down the best dressed person I have ever seen in my life, wish I could have snapped a photo without it being weird

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In Florence over the summer, saw a 30-something hasidic guy dressed in an ultra-minimal black coat that reached his feet, sleek derbies and a wide brimmed hat reminiscent of what AFL bought recently. He was also wearing round, Lennon-esque frames. Hands down the best dressed person I have ever seen in my life, wish I could have snapped a photo without it being weird

Hello.

edit: does anyone live in the Madison area / would be okay with me pming a few questions about it?

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
model, yes, definitely.

maybe i was being a bit harsh on everlane, but, in the end, you still need a solid to outstanding product to sustain it....and they simply don't have that.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arent you really tall with like a 12" drop? Ervell should be perfect go with that

Need to invest in some non sns knits, ervell seems like a good place to start, any other recs? Ideally less workwearish (eg inverallan)

Believe it or not, his pocket sweater is actually a pretty good cut for tall athletic built guys. I'm 6'3, 41 chest, 19 shoulders with a 8-9 drop, and my size Large fits pretty spot on for that nice slightly loose look you want on knits. The shoulder is just a bit dropped and sleeves are a bit long. You would be a large in those, but the sleeves might be too long. The alpaca ones are very stretchy so you might be able to squeeze into a M for a slim fit.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pocket sweater from this season fits much longer than some of the previous iterations I've owned; in fact it probably fits longer than most of my other sweaters.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who makes nice knits that are on the shorter side?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello.

edit: does anyone live in the Madison area / would be okay with me pming a few questions about it?

Come to think of it, the guy actually looked a lot like you, even beyond the glasses/hat combo.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

who makes nice knits that are on the shorter side?

A lot of Schneider S/S models are shorter. For instance, the cotton colonial from last S/S. Recent season Jil and Dries seem to run standard to short.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the pure tech plays KPCB is involved in are pretty great, and I know a few people who had a great time as part of their Fellows program. IIRC Everlane is part of their 2010 fund and if anything comes out of that it's probably going to be via RtR, Square, and Spotify.

Edit: Always end up transposing the P and B in KPCB

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of Schneider S/S models are shorter. For instance, the cotton colonial from last S/S. Recent season Jil and Dries seem to run standard to short.

KK Thx. Looking to upgrade my +J Cardi but i'm a shortfuck. I've been enjoying the slutty tee/tank and cardi look.

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also GN, while not as short as they used to be, Ervell might be a good option

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any place in NYC to try on a few brands? I know OC has Ervell and Schneider but Barneys maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads