• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He tries to be nonjudgmental in most cases (hesitate to say objective). The passage I posted, although it is for sure condescending, was leading up to saying most innovation (again, primarily in music) in the last 40 years has come from working class and ethnic minorities, while the middle and upper classes were reveling in nostalgia

He also has a chapter on Japanese obsession with recreating (mostly American) cultural moments that would have some resonance with SF readers. Also verges on dismissive, but...

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

from the latest issue of Details.

NSync.jpg

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just saw the coolest "old man" downtown, wearing a great camel coat, white jeans and brown suede boots (possibly side-zips)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

fishbones

Reaction score
Really really been wanting some more club collar shirts. (If anyone has any Ervell ones in an XS hit me up!)
Also my closet is now Ervell Dominant. Just need some more button shirts and trousers.
I want to start styling it a bit more on the aggressive side. We'll see if I go with it in the future!

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of the people who writes this blog is in the class I'm in right now. He doesn't know it, but I'll be fit-battling him 3x a week now.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

his blog isn't bad at all. i mean, not good, but not bad.

That's pretty much what I think about it too. It's alright, but I wouldn't read it if the authors didn't go to the same school I go to. Every once in a while somebody big (most notably putthison) will mention them.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
this summer for 6 days a week I think I want to dress like a fake farmer and wear tan, white, blue, have leather tassles everywhere, straw hats, round glasses, and denim shirts, and 1 day a week wear that facetasm tee with skinny black cropped junya trousers and some cheap walmart of payless sneakers. and the mercedes benz cap

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, I found that article genuinely entertaining!

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

4est: you do realize, that if you wear those velcros, people might ask if you got them because of "thrift shop"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads