• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was working and saw a girl in a tight dress and louboutin heels.

"those look nice. Are they louboutins?"

"yeah. i have six pairs. you should come up to my room sometime in 702. I'll show you."

turns out she's the princess of qatar?kuwait? living in the school hotel.

she has a ********. i said no to myself

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... and if they weren't KVA she would've said: "Thanks, but they're actually _________"

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't think you understand. i didn't realized they looked like kva until like 3 hours later when i was on sufu. at the time i just knew they looked like something, but couldn't put my finger on it. whatever tho, it was a stupid anecdote.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I see now. We just want you to be happy Mikey :eek:

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm an older (read traditional not necessarily more advanced in years) type of fashion client and I do not own and, honestly, wouldn't see myself wearing sneakers from brands I don't wear otherwise. In fact there are some brands popular here for their sneakers (YSL, Balenciaga) where I have some of the clothes but never got into the trainers themselves. You'd be right in saying that accessories (sneakers, keychains, gloves etc.) and tees are goods targeted at aspirational shoppers, hell even jeans are sometimes bought by people who would never get the outerwear or really "key" pieces. However there is also a new breed of fashion shopper, coming from a streetwear/sneakerhead/somethinglikethat mindset that is on the lookout for fresh designer sneakers while not necessarily into the collection themselves. They aren't as much aspirational as especially connecting to trainers and a look that will come from high end streetwear brands not designers. They don't give a **** about Margiela and it's history, they like cool and hyped sneakers. I think a lot of sfers come from that mindset, even though they're not hypebeasts per se.

Yeah, I can see that.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I finally went through the last of my stuff from 2011-2012 and listed a bunch of it. Feels good to pare it down, and I'm happy with what I have left. What's the psychology behind being too lazy to make sales threads? I feel like this would've been easier if it was an ongoing thing instead of waiting a stupid amount of time to list it all at once.

Anyways, I took a look into my closet afterwards and I have 9 blue shirts, 3 purple shirts, 1 tan/natural, and 1 white shirt. Is there something wrong with me? I mean, they're all different blues and different fabrics...really interesting fabrics, too. About half are patterns/prints, but it's all blue. Is this dumb? I'm trying to think of other colors that I would want and I can't come up with any. This seems stupid.

This feels like a toasty post.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's with the sudden influx of comically ****** posters/lurkers suddenly making threads?

Last edited:

skintight

Reaction score
So I finally went through the last of my stuff from 2011-2012 and listed a bunch of it. Feels good to pare it down, and I'm happy with what I have left. What's the psychology behind being too lazy to make sales threads? I feel like this would've been easier if it was an ongoing thing instead of waiting a stupid amount of time to list it all at once.

Anyways, I took a look into my closet afterwards and I have 9 blue shirts, 3 purple shirts, 1 tan/natural, and 1 white shirt. Is there something wrong with me? I mean, they're all different blues and different fabrics...really interesting fabrics, too. About half are patterns/prints, but it's all blue. Is this dumb? I'm trying to think of other colors that I would want and I can't come up with any. This seems stupid.

I think it's natural to gravitate towards colours that you like. Many shades of blue are also such easy colours to wear and pair with other colours. Before I purged my wardrobe about 1/3 of my button-up shirts were blue. Do you try on other colours when you shop or do you usually pick up items that are mostly in the same colour range? If you do the latter, maybe consider trying out some different colours on you next time and see what you think.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue pairs with all skin tones and most outfits so it makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads