1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

You probably didn't miss much..

I roomed with a guy who walked for Dior and another that walked for RO last year. I was surprised to find that a company as big as Dior was horrible with paying their models. Maybe it's because they are a big company and can lawyer up and find loopholes.
    From what I recall they were stalling on the payments and if he quit to sign with another label (Dior had exclusivity) then the payment would be void. ..something like that

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Isn't that mostly up to the agency that he signed with not DH? I dunno.

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I don't know how it works really :eek:
    Just saying that models don't get treated that well, unless they are big time

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

for all you old guys, there's always Yohji

AMIRITE?? :smarmy:

2 people like this.
  5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I can help you. Pm me

26 people like this.
  6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Well, shit. I've officially reached the point where my clothes no longer fit in the closet.

7. Louys

Louys Senior member

This is why SF has an architecture thread.[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

God, today some college bro was asking about my skateboard, which he kept referring to as "vintage". He asked where I found it and seemed genuinely perplexed when I told him "the skateboard store".

I feel like it must be time to head over to MC and start learning to dress in plaid suits or something. :fu:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Is it weird that one of the major factors for how much I wanna drop on something is how friendly the designer/store staff is?

I'm much more likely to buy at retail brands like Robert Geller, Peir Wu, and Abasi + Rosborough where the designers seem like genuine, humble people or Rick Owens where the store staff always goes above and beyond than from a brand like Paul Harnden, who, while I'm sure is just a cool dude who wants his privacy respected, is nonetheless a bit standoffish.

I love that the internet gives us new ways of communicating about (and even with!) the designers and brands that we like and I hope it rewards designers that engage the community in positive ways, as I'm sure it's doing for retail shops that affiliate with this and other forums.

9 people like this.
  10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

HH totally thought I had hunted down the coat I wanted, wrong fabric

How many 44% wool 56% linen blend fabrics can a designer have? That seems like a pretty damn specific number

1 person likes this.
  11. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Yeah, from what I remember of my old contract, the agency/client decided the payment terms, the agency gets paid, and then x amount of time later they cut you a check after taking their fee.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Legit surprised so many SFers have flirted with modeling careers. Assumed we were all disfigured trolls.

7 people like this.
  13. msg

msg Senior member

On the internet, everyone is a model.

2 people like this.
  14. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Former foot model checking in

2 people like this.
  15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4 people like this.
  16. myshoeiswet

myshoeiswet Senior member

Anybody happen to know how warm the Label Under Construction silk tussah cardigan is?

17. mothball

mothball Senior member

But why male models?

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

He is probably with an agency, walking runway shows pays a few hundred euros (varies) and the agency takes a cut. I know some nice kid who does like 14 shows a season and it's not like he has money considering he has to go to castings and do all kinds of bullshit for like 4000 euros a season. Being on a cover doesn't pay either, the only avenue to $$$$ are campaigns. Girls tend to get more money.

Most models are a little bit older than people think, although some girls will indeed be quite young.

19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

What deck is it that he thought it's vintage? Coolest shop I know is in San Diego and the whole ceiling is covered in actual vintage decks from the late 70's and all through the 80's.

1 person likes this.
  20. msg

msg Senior member

When I did it, I was 6', 31, 165. I'd lose bookings to guys who were either 6'+, 32 - 34, and closer to 180 or 6'+, 30 - 32, and closer to 155, depending on the client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.