• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, can you use gilt if you're not in the US?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have been seeing things, I'm sure I remember the notice being posted on their website though and being part of the reason I recently joined. I've just asked Gilt and will post when I find out, apologies if I've got people's hopes up for nothing. Proxy is still a possibility though.

chroMe

Reaction score
Lots of eurobrands and beyond but of course slightly larger sizes ie xl, 52/54 and size 8.5 euro sized shoes.

Prices were color coded either £499, £299, £125, £90, £50 and £20.

I took pics on my blackberry as I forgot my camera and can't find my connector.

Only bought a dries van noten scarf as i stupidly forgot my credit card - will be going back in a few hours after my gf wants me to buy a fridge somewhere, ffs!

Picked out a few jackets - junya & a miyushita it should still be there when I get back says the cashier.

And I got vox popped by a newspaper so will see if this Tory paper will print my mug.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just had my first experience of some random girl walking up to me and grabbing my arm to feel the leather on my jacket and asking a bunch where to get it. Really what the ****? Good thing my gf wasn't there or else there'd be a lot of blood.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I recently bought a pair of women's mainline yohji 'boyfriend' style pants on ebay for a ridiculously low price, fit me great after I had the waist slightly altered and the bottoms hemmed. I must say the quality of the fabric is incredible and it's stiffness coupled with the cut of the pants make them not only the widest pants I've got that fit me (27cm thigh that doesn't taper) but also one of the most aesthetically appealing. To my eye they look better than any of my skinny trousers or skinny jeans, it really blows my mind that the stiffness of the fabric + cut can make succesful a pair of pants I would generally pass over as too big, that to me is a testament to the awesomeness of Yohji, needless to say I will definitely be more open-eyed towards Yohji in the future.

In an ironic twist capping off the decade of dudes wearing girls jeans, someone just bought girl pants and they're the baggiest pants they own!

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish more girls would wear baggy pants, looks fantastic when done right. Then again, I wish more steezy guys would wear baggier pants as well.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
I wish more girls would wear baggy pants, looks fantastic when done right. Then again, I wish more steezy guys would wear baggier pants as well.

God me too
frown.gif

I've been alive over two decades. I've seen asses. A lot of them. I know what they look like. Not all pants have to show me an ass. If I like the ass I'll see it later anyways.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TN_
well, what are some good shoes/boots you've seen?

I'm not saying they're 'poorly made'. the wings & horns boots, for example, are a great pair of boots. I'm just saying I'm curious as to why so many brands do this type of stitching when its really not such a good thing to do. to be fair, though, all the shoes/boots from brands I've seen that do covered stitching channels are not cheap, at all.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
I don't see how exposed stitching can be anything other than a stylistic choice.... on only one brand have I seen the actual threading to be exposed, if it's in a channel and doesn't ever touch the ground why would it matter?

I'm surprised. It seems like most brands offering welted shoes use a goodyear welt with the stitching visible on the sole. What I'm saying is that an angular channel can be cut and the threading sewn inside it, and then it can be closed so that the threading isn't even visible. from what I've heard, machines can even do this. I'd assume that even with an uncovered stitching channel, once the sole wears down a bit, the stitching is going to be damaged.

Originally Posted by aeglus
I think once you become skilled in a field you tend to notice how much bullshit is around and it's true for just about everything.

well said. oh well, ce la vie.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
I wish more girls would wear baggy pants, looks fantastic when done right.
+1. Maybe I'm weird, but I wish more girls would wear looser jeans. Not even necessarily baggy or anything, just not skin-tight spandex jeans like you see 99% of the time. Not that it doesn't look fantastic if you have the figure for it, but still, **** gets boring sometimes. I saw this girl once in some slim straight jeans that she was wearing with a bit of slack in the thighs (like she could've sized down more but didn't) as well as some stacking (also uncommon; girls seems to only hem or cuff), and I gotta say, I stopped dead in my tracks and admired the view as she was walking away for a good five seconds. Come to think of it, I guess it's how most guys here wear their jeans, haha. Was sexy, though.

naaaaate

Reaction score
dibadiba make an mtm shoe type business at toj style pricing. i have no idea if that's feasible in the shoe world but do it anyways
smile.gif
you could even just make mtm german army sneakers and make a killing here edit: i guess you can tell i'm a really weird ******* shoe size since i'm asking for mtm shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads