1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

• OccultaVexillum I don't think you're gonna convince people like me who think that wearing sweatpants in public looks silly, but who cares? Just wear what you wanna wear

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

:foo: has had some well chronicled adventures when it comes to home furnishings..

2 people like this.
  3. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Thai?

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

13 people like this.
  5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I know a vegetarian viet girl. Her dad complains everytime they go out to eat at a viet restaurant saying that it tastes like shit. Seriously tho there is no good veg pho. I firmly believe you shouldn't even be allowed to make it

4 people like this.
  6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks! Will keep an eye out for Rainmaker and Minotaur.

Fair point. Most JP brands are too short or too narrow in the shoulders for me.

Ah, yes, I do have a knit from SEH Kelly! It's perhaps the nicest I own. It's also the warmest (more so than even Inverallan), and I can't really imagine needing to own more than one in this lifetime. The Albam knits do look nice. I think we might have a winner...

7. g transistor

I'm going to be real: if my decor represented honest living on my behalf, it would be an empty room, messy bed, pants all over the floor (fuck pants), some empty pizza boxes, and a half-empty carton of month old Yoohoo as the centerpiece. There is no better place to lie to yourself and others than in your own home.

14 people like this.
  8. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

You guys are too meta for me

9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

is yoox down for anyone else? Lunchbreak ruined...

2 people like this.
  10. g transistor

@thatoneguy started something I think. It may have been a general "look at this" thread or something but it may have been an intimate look into SF members' masturbation dungeons and yaoi collections, I can't remember.

7 people like this.
  11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

jesus christ gtran has rocketed to the top of my must-meet list over the past few months

8 people like this.
  12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

There's a homeowners thread (more DIY), a cool furniture and things thread (more interior design and objects), and an architecture thread that shows a lot of interiors as well in the fine design sub forum.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

It's running but very slowly. I complained about it on twitter and they replied to me and apologized and said they are trying to fix it.

I would be interested in a "Show us your dwelling" thread. Sufu had one (which is pretty much dead now) and it was definitely fun to browse.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

all I have is this http://post-materialisms.tumblr.com/
    which is 99% for my self enjoyment. nothing on sf started, but there should be

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

There's one about interior design and one about peoples homes.

The Albam knits I have are really nice and well made.

I have their Stripe Fisherman's Crew for years ago and people seem to really like it.

The front is wool cotton wool cotton and just below the chest it changes around and one of the cuffs plus the back hem is black wool, and the back is the same mix as the front only it changes mid back.

[​IMG]

16. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

congratulations to GraphicNovelty on being appointed a mod of /r/malefashionadvice

1 person likes this.
  17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Thanks (I think). I'm hoping to push an emphasis on finding one's own style/look/taste as a goal rather than being simply proscriptive.

18. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

You know I would have believed the same, but this one work cafeteria that had this amazing vegetarian pho broth. It had so much body and flavor despite not having animal products in it. Most meals I ate there I'd grab a bowl and just throw in the mint/green onions and drink it by itself. Probably still inferior to the non-veg version if I did a side by side, but still pretty tasty for a light soup and flavors were on point. Was doubly surprising since western productions of asian noodle soups is generally a sure-avoided travesty.

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

Looks like an interesting knit! I'll keep an eye out for what shows up for AW. What on earth is sizing like? 0-5 makes no sense to me, and I don't see measurements anywhere.

20. diniro

diniro Senior member

I check this sub out once in awhile. Last time I checked they seem to love how Russell Westbrook dresses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.