1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

No way. Josh transcended modeling. Josh transcended clothing. Josh was life.

2. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

^ lol WTF. Josh looks like Caucasian version of City of Gentlemen

3. mer6

mer6 Senior member

I'm an idiot and realized the reason my Sifr stuff didn't arrive is because it was being shipped to my old address. I guess I'll be paying shipping again once the stuff arrives back in Singapore marked undeliverable :[

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  5. accordion

accordion Senior member

If you really wanted an item but took a day too long to decide and it was gone, is it god's way of telling you that you didn't want it badly enough anyway?

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't think god particularly cares whether or not you didn't buy the item you really wanted

5 people like this.
  7. ghostface

ghostface Senior member

8. Bam!ChairDance

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

where can I get black linen shorts in a good quality? Its too warm in stockholm right now, cant handle it.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

2 people like this.
  11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

That thing would destroy your clothes. Steam can take all the three-dimensional shaping out of a jacket, delaminate any fusing, and cause seams to pucker. Here's an Oxxford jacket, for example, recently listed on MyHabit.

[​IMG]

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Well I'd probably get it installed for shirts and tees. I like @gdl203 comment about suits and jackets and the minimum dry cleaning needed.

Even for shirts I would be weary as it might flatten the collar roll.

15. Bam!ChairDance

That suit is from Oxxford's "The Morning After" line. Not visible are the carefully embroidered dark spots on the pants

4 people like this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

of course they had to make a device that requires constant corollary purchases, way to go

stick to the jiffy

17. Donut

Donut Senior member

I know you said good quality but I like my pair from H&M. Cheap and fits really well. Their linen tees are also my favorite tees too.

18. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ Thanks. Actually, I already have a pair from H&M which I were a lot, but I don't like the feel really..

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

but they were right

re: the noragi, i like mine. fits kind of big, so the shoulders actually fit me right and I have a full range of motion for various physical activities; i can cook with it on and not worry about splatters cuz it's dark and washable, I can dry my hands on it--basically, i'm treating it like shit and it looks good. The denim is pretty soft, not jeanlike. The sleeves are really long so that I can...not sure yet, maybe i'll unroll them for fall-season bicycling. I guess the worst I can say is that internal construction is unpretty.

re: steaming t-shirts: wtf bro

1 person likes this.
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How much harm is there in buying pants that are too big and having them tailored?
    Without going to the tired bullshit of "my thighs are too big", If I find a good deal on a pair of pants I'm looking for, but it's 1 size too big (like 2" too big in the waist). Is it going to be all the same after the waist is taken in 2" or is that much going to throw the rest of the fit off?
    This questions is valid for both cotton chinos and raw denim (so it's obviously going to stretch a fair bit, thus i would hold off for a while before getting the waist taken in). FWIW the waist is really the only thing that would need to be taken in, I'm sure the thigh could be as well if need be but from measurements it doesnt seem like it. My tailor usually charges 10-15 for basic tailoring like this, but i've never purposefully bought a pair that was clearly too big before and everything I've tailored has had 1" max taken in.

tl;dr - If I buy pants that are too big with the intention of tailoring them, is that a problem or will it be fine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.