• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted in forum help and got no reply. Is there no longer a feedback thread for the B&S forums?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You just post individual feedback on people's profiles right?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

Wooster looks like a caricature. He needs to just stop.

why? he's a genius. his outrageous clothing is a form of self-marketing, and it's clearly paying off - do you think jc penneys and leffot are working with him because of his stellar track record at bergdorfs? please.

Last edited:

volatile

Reaction score

Wooster looks like a caricature. He needs to just stop.

Your two sentences do not follow from one another... He does look like a caricature (of himself; no mean feat), but that doesn't mean he should stop. Quite the contrary. He looks superb in that outfit, I think... :nest::blush:

Last edited:

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Are those pants Stafford or St. John's Bay?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wooster looks like a caricature.

I've felt this way about the SE guys for a while any time they pop up in my Tumblr feed.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

I've felt this way about the SE guys for a while any time they pop up in my Tumblr feed.

What am I supposed to use Tumblr for?

I tried to 'follow' people organically, but my feed ended up 30% anime, 65% soft core asian Appreciation and 5% Sipang posts

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
isn't there that option to disable random but tangentially related blogs to appear in your feed? try that i guess. i literally just made an account today though...

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sipang posts should be at 98% minimum for a satisfying total lifestyle experience. Cheers.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sipang posts should be at 98% minimum for a satisfying total lifestyle experience. Cheers.

And the Belgian part of that is like 19%. You can sometimes replace some Sipang with either chocolate or Ann.

Mikey you really should go.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait is the margiela snake stuff because it's the year of the snake? :paranoia:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mostly agree, actually. I've posted before that I like the more recent stuff better than the neo-Victorian stuff. But the fabrication, which was never outstanding, is getting cheaper and the designs are being watered down slowly. Where you would see the laced cuff coat a few years ago, today it would be the same but without the laced cuffs. Maybe it would be dip dyed or have contrast sleeves or something instead, which i find less interesting.

No I think it would be cut more structured and be two toned :teach:

He can't keep doing the same thing, and one person's (or many peoples') preference does not make the laced cuff coat a better or more worthwhile design than the two tone. The influence is different, the inspiration is coming from a different source and it's hard to say whether or not a design is 'equivalent'

And it's not like the Dip Dye is a new gimmick, not that I don't totally love the pink/purple bow tie shirt :inlove: In fact neither are the shirts with contrast body parts, whether it's the collar, or the whole placket, the sleeves, or the whole front of the body, it's the same things he's always done. Except different.

Similar but not quite as good, more contemporary than designer. It would also be made of a cheaper wool. The sweatshirts recently are just not nice. The cotton is thin and flat. The fabric used for the flight pants has gotten a little cheaper. Blazers are more often a mediocre cotton. Real leather has become fake leather. It's stuff like that. Hope that makes sense. I still like Geller (though SS13 was a huge disappointment to me), but I'm having a harder time finding stuff I'd actually want to buy.

And a lot of this is hearsay as well. The wool blends are different for sure but that two tone coat has MORE wool and LESS polyester than my laced cuff. And it only retailed for $50 more two years later.

Is tencel cheaper than cotton/rayon or cotton linen? I don't know but I am a fan. I think it would be a bit overkill to use the shiny cotton/rayon every season and I personally don't like the cotton/linen flight pants. SS13 version is 100% cotton though if they stick with what was on the line list

I can't speak for any old sweatshirts but the two I have from SS12 are exactly what I would expect from a sweatshirt made for summer, light and breezy. I wouldn't want them hot and thick. I will have an SS11 one passing through my hands soon to compare but I don't really even know what kind of fleece existed before then.
AND goddamn my FW11 Richard jacket is so badass, the flecked cotton/wool/linen is just amazing.

I can't say anything about blazers cause I've never handled one new or old but I really wish I would have bought that Diamond blazer a few years ago.
Actually I'm pretty sure the distressed blazer from SS12 was the same fabric as the raglan bomber, which was kind of stiff and awkward but hey that's cotton/linen!
And the FW12 one is just plain wool with a contrast collar, everything in that collection is plain wool. It's British.

Does anyone actually WANT real leather shorts? I think the cupro/nylon or whatever stuff is an awesome creation and would totally wear.

The SS13 color palette is one of the best ever, with some really cool new pieces and some nice remakes of old favorites. I don't see what's not to like. Except CP loafers. And bad graphic tees.

I just think it's all personal preferences, frequently with no real basis, and freakin' nostalgia goggles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads