• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting hit by that snowstorm?

Not sure how I'm going to drive home from work..it got worse.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

so in short, what kanye said. money ain't everything, but if you don't have it, it is.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
by money I mean 'the base floor wherein you can purchase food, a place to live and the occasional luxury.' money doesn't mean a pair of aldens a month. i probably make between $17,000 - $20,000 a year, and receive no outside help, and have found that wage very livable (for now).
When I was sixteen I was playing video games for fifteen hours a day. What the hell, teger?
I was leading a raid guild in wow :slayer: but I did well on my SATs... :embar:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Creating some abitrary figure as "enough to make you happy" is bullshit. Happiness is based upon your expectations; if you expect to make $40k and pull down $70k, yes, I can see that you'd be pretty happy. If, however, you expect a certain lifestyle (say, similar to the one you grew up in) that you cannot afford as an adult, I cannot imagine that you'd be satisfied.

You're just angry because you make over $70K.

i'm literally in the process of convincing the rents to let me go to belgium this summer.

:plain:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm literally in the process of convincing the rents to let me go to belgium this summer.

If you're about to graduate college why are your parents still able to not allow you to do things
confused.gif

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry reedo and mikey, you're both probably screwed. "I sometimes wonder that we can be so frivolous, I may almost say, as to attend to the gross but somewhat foreign form of servitude called Negro Slavery, there are so many keen and subtle masters that enslave both North and South. It is hard to have a Southern overseer; it is worse to have a Northern one; but worst of all when you are the slave-driver of yourself. Talk of a divinity in man! Look at the teamster on the highway, wending to market by day or night; does any divinity stir within him? His highest duty to fodder and water his horses! What is his destiny to him compared with the shipping interests? Does not he drive for Squire Make-a-stir? How godlike, how immortal, is he? See how he cowers and sneaks, how vaguely all the day he fears, not being immortal nor divine, but the slave and prisoner of his own opinion of himself, a fame won by his own deeds. Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate. Self-emancipation even in the West Indian provinces of the fancy and imagination — what Wilberforce is there to bring that about? Think, also, of the ladies of the land weaving toilet cushions against the last day, not to betray too green an interest in their fates! As if you could kill time without injuring eternity. "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things." just kidding.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BUT FIRST REEDO, YOU REALLY NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT KIND OF OUTERWEAR YOU REALLY WANT OKAY

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This reminds me of recent financial troubles and how ridiculous I felt that I was wearing at a grocery store in a $1500 jacket, contemplating if I could afford peanut butter.

That was the entirety of grad school for me.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

" See how he cowers and sneaks, how vaguely all the day he fears, not being immortal nor divine, but the slave and prisoner of his own opinion of himself ..."

:rotflmao:

But men labor under a mistake. The better part of the man is soon plowed into the soil for compost. ... It is a fool's life, as they will find when they get to the end of it, if not before.

K, but have you read his journals, though? He basically just lived in his parent's basement, mooched off his brother, and spent his days walking as far as the nearest pond to observe the battling insects, divining from their actions great and immutable truths....sort of like a 19th century version of Jeff Who Lives at Home.

Last edited:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the faliero sarti scarf I ordered and its quite shimmery. :(
If anyone wants it for their girl let me know before I return.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, the truth is we have some unhappy people because they got no money to afford an item currently on their radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads