1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

When was the last time W+H had the anti-fit? 2011?
    Isn't that kind of what the Tokyo pant is now (loose up top, tapered at the ankle)?
    Plus from the look book it appears they're adding jogger style pants to the mix this F/W so I doubt they'd be having the westpoint, 5 pocket, Tokyo pant, joggers and anti-fit as well as whatever fleece they're doing.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm wondering if maybe they just made a big batch that one year, then discovered no one wanted to pay that much for chinos. You know, they had that whole illusory ARCHIVE campaign, where they'd tell you you weren't buying their unsalable pants, but rather taking an exclusive stroll through history. They've become like Disney films, retired when demand hits bottom, released at even higher prices.

I find them pretty awesome, though. Weird enough to be interesting, plain enough to fly under a boss's radar. Pull them up or down, depending.

I like this Luxire idea....

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

I turned both my anti fits into shorts. kind of a dumb impulse buy when I got them - never really liked em much

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

3 people like this.
  6. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

oh man, i didn't realize she had a blog.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

The Reddit AMA is interesting. I like reading Fok's responses and figuring out who is who. Also lol at the mr. moo question

I upvoted it @LA Guy. I like how Skagways and sashiko has wormed its way into a few of your answers

4 people like this.
  8. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

Anyone come across any pants with drawstring waist and a cuff/elastic hem?
    Something ideal in black/grey that is not jogging pants or fleece.

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

PS I ended up emailing wings and horns and they confirmed the anti fit pants have been replaced by the Tokyo pant.

1 person likes this.
  10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It was fun. Yeah.. my Japan does Americana and workwear thing...

11. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

do you still wear your Queen's GPA once in a while? I dunno about before, but it actually fits really nice and slim these days

12. LA Guy

Mine is at home, in Kingston, in storage. It was always oversized, but I am slightly bigger now, so it would probably be "normal/slim".

2 people like this.
  13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

haha. just read it. Fok brought up the skagways at every chance. I think hiroki is paying him.

just kidding man. seemed like it went well. it's a nice little community you've created here. it lets nerds like me find other people who are actually interested in clothes and talk about them when we should be doing something else. (I like how SF was created as a way to avoid writing your PhD thesis, because I think that spirit is alive and well in SF's users). STYLEFORUM A++ WOULD BUY AGAIN

3 people like this.
  14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Strange how I was mentioned. Probably miran.

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Strange how the poster was called dad jokes.

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

17. LA Guy

Yeah. Styleforum, and really, every single social network or interest forum in the world, and about 99% of all internet businesses that are not boring and called Linked In or Monster.com, survives because the internet has increased our efficiency 1000%, and our production, 5%. Linked In and Monster.com are borne aloft by frustration and desperation.

I wish that Hiroki were paying me. My rates are higher than 2 pairs of Skagways. I'd be up to my wazoo in fancy white shoeboxes. I'd wear sneakers on my hands and whack away at the keyboard just so that all my kicks would get some wears. I'm not even that big of a fan of the clothes, but I'd insist that the pockets of all the shirts and all the jackets be mailed to be using $100 dollar bills instead of packing peanuts.

4 people like this.
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

For some reason I find the idea of you wearing shoes in your hands while playing keyboard historical.

I must be tired.

19. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

2 people like this.
  20. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I have a pair of Surface to Air drawstring chinos which are pretty much exactly what you described. I don't know if they still make them, or if they'll offer them in future collections, but you might have luck searching on Yoox or in the marketplace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.