1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

never been on the 4th is what i meant but last time i was there it was pretty nice climate granted i only walked from my friends driveway to my car, or was smoking a cigar in his backyard, so, that kept me cozy

thanks guys :eek:

scarf maybe an overkill for me and i'll be intoxicated so i'll be nice and toasty inside. will wear new CL jacket

2 people like this.
  2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

So, I keep hearing that suits from certain Italian brands (like the ones Yoox carries) fit slim enough to require sizing up. Which would be awesome for me, since most 'typically sized' suits won't fit my waify-ass body unless there's enough room in the trousers' waistband to let out a size

What's the drop like on those suits? Like, if I size up from a 46 to 48, would the pants fit like a typical 48 or 46? And what brands should I look into?

And let's say that getting swole isn't an option

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Most of those suits will come with really slim trousers, so when you size up, all you need is to make sure the thighs fit OK, and then you can have your tailor let out the waistband. All suits (that I know of, anyway) have an allowance for adjustments.

4. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Picked up 2 in the olive and 2 in blue at the local Muji. Thanks for the recommendation nicelynice. They had some buttondowns, blazers and non-draw string trousers in the same french linen, trousers come in a light grey that's basically a slightly offwhite, but they were like 250/150 retail respectively though 30% off. Almost went for the light grey trousers as well, but they were ~100 bucks on sale and the fit was more wide legged while the waist was a little tighter. Ended up passing.

5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

edit: thanks...

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm considering buying a linen knit. But, from what I remember, they are heavy and stretch a lot. Not sure I could handle the slouchy fit.

7. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Hrm Muji had a few when I stopped by. They were really light feeling especially the cardigans... no idea on stretch though.

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

By oversized and embrace the slouch.

They don't necessarily stretch; depends on the weave.

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Sorry for banal intrusion (on two levels), but

1)Is there a thread for random questions about SF functionality? because...

2) I wanted to ask a question about Taylor Stitch on the thread but I get a strange permissions error when I go to the direct URL (on 2 browsers). It also doesn't show up on the site search...

cc: @LA Guy

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I just checked with our advertising team - Taylor Stitch just decided that they didn't want a thread on Styleforum right now. They might be back in the future, but are apparently taking a hiatus for the time being.

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Thanks, and again sorry.

Thanks for the info Fok.

13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Why did Taylor Stitch abandon us? :(

14. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

For a sec I thought you said "why did @in sitches abandon us?" :angry:

15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

FME, they're a bit slouchy by nature. There are some made with a teeny, weeny, itsy, bitsy touch of polyester, which helps them retain their shape a bit better. Think of how polyester is added to socks, for instance, in order to counter the tendency for wool or cotton to stretch out.

I own two linen sweaters from Inis Meain, and like them a lot, but they're the only ones I've come across that don't get slouchy after a while. They're basically like wool sweaters, but are cooler wearer, drier to the touch, and a bit more breathable.

16. jet

jet Senior member

the muji knits i tried on last fall were cut like garbage bags

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm a beanpole, so slouchy often looks like homeless on me.

Good points. I have some linen socks that have some polyester, and they still don't hold their shape much at all. I may still give it a try, though, for something new.

18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

That's odd, I usually think tall skinny dudes look great in slouchy stuff.

I have a fair idea what linen knits you're looking at and where so won't blow your spot!

19. the shah

the shah Senior member

Speaking of slouchy linen I thought the Vlas shirt I got would be much bigger on me than it is. It feels so weird putting on my actual size. Thats the last time I venture out aside from uniqlo :mad:

20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I've never understood why they don't seem to have them every season, or why they don't offer them in more than just the standard chino fabric.

I'm thinking about sending Luxire a pair to see if they can make some in a heavy tweed or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.