1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

"The Forum Wars"
    Episode I

2. worakl

worakl Senior member

3. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Nicely, I just got a pair of these in blue on your rec. Beautiful pants (and not bad for $50). Curious, hem these *above* the ankle? Would that work for my 5'6" frame or should I roll them?

Thanks again.

4. Yoderman

Yoderman Member

I think what NN is trying to say is that cuffing them more than once would lend to a chunky look for the cuffs, which is not desirable, so the hem and single cuff would accomplish a much cleaner cropped look.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Anybody know how WTAPS shoes fit? The hi-top in particular. Is JP XL like a US 12?

6. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

LOLOL

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I like the word try in the title, also people are standing around looking at it. :facepalm:

8. brookman

brookman New Member

Dear Thekunk07,
    I don't think you should sell the funky stuff. I think it looks just as good on you and frankly, slightly less contrived. I'm getting the sense you're having issues about what's age-appropriate? Or am I just projecting?!

What isn't being talked about here is context or lifestyle. If everyone is going around in sportsjackets, waistcoats and poetic scarves, I would go the other way.

Maybe you need to combine these two looks? Is it possible? Why either/or? How about the drop-crotch pants with the white shirt? Untucked and open-necked.

Thanks for posting,
    Brookman.

9. APK

APK Senior member

Sorry, the kunk actually died a couple years after that post was made, so he doesn't need to worry about waistcoats and drop-crotch pants anymore because he's in a better place, goodnight, sweet prince.

7 people like this.
  10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

11. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

the way it happened was really weird too. the room he was in flipped upside down somehow.

6 people like this.
  12. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  13. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

@Tirailleur1 looks like you turned up in the nyt fashion/design blog at the MAN thing

[​IMG]

30 people like this.
  14. R300

R300 Senior member

Who was Jack The Ripper?

Reading james tully's book on Kelly being a suspect, and there's about 50 other suspects!

Intriguing stuff, but not 'fashion' related..

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Damn, I really don't need another white shirt, but this mandarin broken up dinner shirt thing is calling me

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Exactly.. The lightweight linen fabric doesn't hold the shape of rolled cuffs very well, looks sloppy since linen is creased and casual to begin with. I'd hem them to ankle length, maybe have the tailor sew a fixed cuff depending on what I wanted.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

What should I be wearing Friday and Saturday this weekend in south SF? Never been

I was thinking linen mini-check flannel type shirt with tee and tank layers with denim and guidi boots. Will I be comfy? I will be lounging, drinking and eating a lot. Fireworks maybe

18. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

How is it possible you live in the bay area and have never been to ssf? It'll likely be cold there no matter what the weather is elsewhere. I wouldn't go there without a jacket/knit.

1 person likes this.
  19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

It will probably be really foggy and windy outside of a little window around early afternoon. It is like 95% of the time. SSF, Pacifica and Daly City have this weird micro climate of constant fog. It's like a wizard's castle.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

/....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.