1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

I like Raeburn, the recycling military fabrics thing appeals to my interests

He kind of doesn't fit into a convenient category though- bit tech-y but not really in the way that appeals to dudes who like acronym or veilance, bit of heritage/military inspiration mixed in but none of the heritage dudes on here really go for him, does runway shows but isn't really high fashion. Prices aren't cheap. I've generally liked what I've seen in person, the paint splat-ish camo parkas from this season are really cool.

2. R300

R300 Well-Known Member

I like Raeburn's bombers and other pieces of outer wear with a kinda marbled effect on em. (neighbour stocks them). Think it's maybe last season iirc?

Anybody know where to see ALL the latest SS15 shows? Style.com, is letting me down.

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

NowFashion, yo

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. steveoffice

steveoffice Well-Known Member

welcome back snake

1 person likes this.
  5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

I think most of the looks in that hackerman collection are pretty gross. there are some nice things but mostly it's like hackeramn for russel brand / johnny depp

6. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

7. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

i actually like the Raf collection. haha

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

I think fw14 was better but I like it too

9. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

but that is a shirt though (or kimono or at least something with sleeves on it)

and i've tried the scarf instead of shirt a couple times now, have to admit I like it, and although I could never go sockless, or wear shorts, I wonder if you have anymore tips since this summer looks like its gonna be a scorcher down here

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

i didn't love fw14 at first but it really grew on me. now i really like it. the boots are kinda hilarious. can't wait to see the pieces in stores though. i really want to see what the construction is like.

i've learned at this point not to even wish for a return to old school raf. those days are gone. the new raf is good in its own way.

11. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

Ha I did not even notice the sleeves. One would think Margiela would help me out here and make a deep V scarf shirt

This is pretty much my summer aka all year tips

- Throw away anything that comes between you and your wears.....everything...put that money towards more wears
    - No shorts. My official pair of shorts are white Orlebar Brown Setters
    - Wear nothing but Viscose/Virgin Wool/Silk pants. This goes back to my first point, juts feels niiiice
    - Light and thin (almost see through) knits
    - Keep it simple

This is easier said then done some of you guys don't benefit from the "tropical breezes" and having a tolerance for heat helps.....and of course not convulsing and breaking out with heat rash at the first sign of 90+ weather...looking at you LAguy

2 people like this.
  12. R300

R300 Well-Known Member

Thanks dude. Seen that site on the showstudio panel discussions but couldn't remember the name.

13. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

You forgot linen

2 people like this.
  14. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Well-Known Member

Man, as far as pants surprisingly linen doesn't do it for me. A couple hours with it on and it looks like I took the pants crunched them up in my hands and put them back on again. My last pair or linen pants were purple label RL's so its been a while

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

H&M x Liberty London coming this fall

16. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Yeah you have to be cool with the crumpled/wrinkled aesthetic if you like linen :) There's something very summery about a light colored linen piece and its rumpled characteristic for me, but I can see how it wouldn't really mesh with your style.

Linen-fanatic myself. But I like Paul Harnden's stuff and he goes out of his way to crumple shit. Wouldn't be very hobo chimney-sweep without it and that's pretty different from tropics-life style ;p

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

anyone rec some nice linen pants? was looking at uniqlo (wonky sizing sup chet) but open to other suggestions for off white

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

get the uniqlo. i have white and brown, love em for the beach at night. i bought a size large, a little loose and i am a true waist of 34

19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

not showing up anymore on the site man

20. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

i can kop.

they feel great when you go commando and bend down a little and swing your nuts around. very soft

12 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.