• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you read Foo and the quest for the holy breast wallet?

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm familiar with The Saga of the Green Hermès Wallet, but not much else.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
mafoofan is a legend. it's hard to describe what makes foo foo.. he has an obsessive, blind and rigid quality to him that's unmatched on the internets.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kinda tangent to this. his rhyme schemes are primitive but his one liners are industry best.

It's not about his rhyme schemes—it's that he's a joke rapper, the very worst kind of rapper, rather than a rapper who happens to crack jokes (Lil Wayne, Sean Price, et cetera). His one-liners make me want to punch something. And his style is completely derivative. I love Donald Glover as a comedian, but he's awful as a rapper.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a 36 and i think i'm a L lol... i'm not familiar with wjk shirt sizing though. you might be an XXL based on zozo's measurements
foo.gif

foo.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
why do all his posts have that emoticon in them...

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and I see that somewhere, someone described foo as the (first?) SF "celebrity" and an SF mascot. So I guess you wrap all this together and it explains the emoticon.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
we should be able to hoard our thumbs and then blow them all on one post

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gimme this KVA

tumblr_mbb80yHC0z1rtu7t5o1_500.jpg

I really liked that jacket since I saw it at antonioli in milan but they only had 48+, ssense had it for like 600 but I had just spent all my money :(
That being said I wouldn't say its as 'dark' in person.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
made my first clothing purchase (well, not counting a few cheap ts and a pair of pants I returned) since july. think i just don't like anything anymore. not sure if this is good or bad :eh:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

On a long enough time scale, does everyone start dressing in only shades of black?

I was thinking about this since I read it this morning ...

Aside from the obvious current trendiness and versatility of black in menswear, I wonder if a lot of this has to do with most of us being internet-based enthusiasts and not buying our stuff at physical stores? Without the ability to try stuff on, examine materials and colors in person, color becomes a much bigger risk. Colors need to be coordinated well in order to not look odd. It's impossible to get a real feel for colors and coordinating them over the web. So black and grey become much more appealing choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads