1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

nonnative does some really cool stuff. Have to pay more attention to that line.

3 people like this.
  2. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Haven Shop does an excellent job showcasing their items. Probably my favorite webshop to browse through.

1 person likes this.
  3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Havenshop does a better job of showcasing their items than actual Nonnative stores do.. I always check their site for information before I see the stuff in person haha

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

this is cool , i also like blazers over thobes though i'd probably never pay for thamanyah [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. the shah

the shah Senior member

Craig Green SS15

some of the looks are interesting, while some are a bit awkward... [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Shah I'm surprised you don't like Rick more. His runway shows are wack but what actually goes to buyers is, IMO, some of the best in terms of volume play. I think he gets horribly misrepresented often on fashion forums by people with poor taste.

For example, I can recall seeing very few fits primarily using his sand or green colors, but when they do crop up they're incredible.

Only reason I don't wear much of it is that the retail is insane and usually sells out before anything drops lower than 50% off, unlike margiela or dries where I can scoop pieces for <$100 on the reg.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

is that yasiin bey?

8. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Most definitely.

17 people like this.
  9. the shah

the shah Senior member

it mos definitely is

edit: lol basil throne too quick ...

the runway shows are rather fun. i don't dislike the troll master, i do find most forum-centric presentations a bit off-putting. but a few people wear the more tailored stuff and it's really nice. tried on some destroyed silk longer blazers couple seasons back i really would get down with but for the price. also i needed size 54 or something absurd.

please tell me where you're getting dvn goodies for <$100 !

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Yes! nonnative is awesome. Basically if there was only one brand I could wear, it would be nonnative. Lots of great influence from outdoors, throw in a little bit of military, a dabble of grunge/punk, and you've got a pretty good collection that's easy to wear yet can still be very interesting.

I'm always surprised at how Visvim has such a huge and scary following (see: this blog thing) while nonnative just kind of slides by under the radar. nonnative aren't too great at showcasing their items like others have mentioned, and I think with the right direction and marketing they could have a following like Vis. They're pretty much low to mid-tier in terms of pricing in Japan, like APC over here, but everything I've purchased from nonnative has really stood up to be very durable and well designed, which I have found to be one of White Mountaineering's faults (oftentimes overdesigned and not as sturdy as I'd like).

Another thought: it's just plain crazy how powerful Visvim branding is. They sell literally rebranded Saphir for 5x the price and that shit still sells out.

3 people like this.
  11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Ebay, occasionally yoox (mostly shirts, if I'm being honest). I'm wearing wool margiela trousers at the moment that have a fantastic cut and were only $62 from yoox. For ebay, there are a couple periods a year (March, ~July?) where people unload their shit to buy new-season gear and seem to get kinda desperate.

Unfortunately, this strategy has been useless for Rick. I've been contemplating a basic tee for $160 all week which is probably insane.

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I also really want this knit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

+1 for Nonnative being awesome. Wish there were more North American stockists.

14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Rick shows are tons of fun. I love the endless number of silhouettes he fucks with, even when what usually makes it to stores is just a pale shade of the runway craziness. It's fairly easy to grab his tailored pieces from Yoox for around $600 - $900, and his jackets are always appearing on sufu and the like, so the insane retail price isn't always insurmountable.

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I shoulda clarified I'm looking, specifically, for some of his staple pants, shorts, and sneakers, which outside of Yoox affiliate pricing mistakes rarely drop very low in price.

1 person likes this.
  16. joewood

joewood Well-Known Member

17. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

yea $160 for a rick tee is about as good as it gets (if it doesn't have holes). they really are pretty special though, haven't found anything quite the same for cheaper. Rick's also so popular that reselling a tee for $150 is pretty easy.
    what do you consider his 'staple' pants - the super dropcrotch, or the more tailored pants (this seems rarer, but I actually prefer it - dropcrotch to knees is too much imo)

18. diniro

diniro Senior member

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  19. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

Another kurta shirt. We had made this recently. I thought it would look better without the pockets though. The distant corners of the pockets are rounded.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Yoox Margiela roulette is always a pain because they don't reliably list the cut/hem measurements/etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.