• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Yes or No?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the milano cut is very slim. bb is 800 - 1000 full retail, 600 or so on sale. the quality is much, MUCH better than j. crew, and i personally think the styling is much better.

when i was suit shopping i tried on a milano and fell in love with the fit on me. needed a suit asap though, so couldn't wait for sales and had to get something cheaper. if i end up in a business environment next summer I definitely want to get a milano.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

yeah. uniqlo suits kinda suck. button point is way too high, material is kinda ******, and i always get buckling at the chest.

Hmm, construction is very basic but very often they offer relatively nice material, the cut at asian Uniqlos is very nice if you're quite slender. I have never tried on a suit though, just regular jackets and quite frankly, they end up looking sorta like my Thom Browne, of course YMMV.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
There is so much more to that than just lift, though. the question that the below was in response to was actually "why can't we emulate a human brain in software," FYI. I thought it was a pretty cool read.

Quote:

Last edited:

hipster

Reaction score

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they'll add the other brands when the official launch happens, but you can buy the basic brands beforehand.

No idea on their own tees, but I got a Cheap Monday tee from there a while back, and I'm loving it. Great fabric, good cut.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my pair right now. Dig 'em. Softer than my Nudies, as these have a bit of elasticity, but not too much, so that they still feel like jeans. I'm usually a 30 waist, tried on a pair of 29s which I could button, but they were too much painted on. They had no 30s, but the 31s fit nicely. A bit looser around the waist, but nothing visible, longer 34 inseam stacks nicely. Haven't washed these yet or wore them too much, so can't say anything about durability.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, I was thinking of picking up these ones because I've been looking for a decent pair of dark gray jeans for a while. There's a pretty nice pair of Dior Hommes on yoox which I would obviously prefer to have, but I don't really have the money and hopefully these'll be a decent non-baller option.

Is that the same model you have?

afc345

Reaction score
Weekday is riddled with crap anyway. The store smells funny and every piece of clothing there somehow has a crusty feel. Only the Cheap Monday jeans are bare ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads