• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creatures of comfort.
I like it
shog[1].gif

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- I work in retail and am surrounded by such consumerism it's become a real turnoff. I walk around looking at all this designer **** and it's actually rare I even find something I would like to buy, and then it's just overpriced. The discount, which for some is a major job perk, is actually useless to me. I don't make enough to buy the stuff I sell, or at least I wouldn't spend the money on it anyway. Either it's some loud obnoxious thing that's all about look without any real taste, or it's so damn minimal that the price seems absurd for what it is.

-I want to start dressing like 'an adult', ie wearing more button ups instead of t-shirts, losing 'immature' patterns, colors and fabrics, and investing in a few well designed pieces of outerwear and footwear. Got too much **** floating around from high-school days and hand-me-downs, or just random generic purchases.

you sound like a blast to hang out with

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Masterclasser: I think maybe you should broaden your horizons a bit, rather than just looking at what your high end department store sells. Browse the runway threads here, and the threads for specific designers. Maybe they're out of your price range now, and you'll probably find most of the runway pictures unwearable to you, but try to keep an open mind, take away the things you like. Maybe you don't like an outfit, but some parts are styled well, etc, etc.

May I ask why you feel you need to "Dress like an adult"? The vibe I get from your post above is that you've not found an individual style, and are kind of disillusioned because of that, which makes you think that just defaulting to the business casual "Adult dress" is the best option. I may be way off base here though.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
The Yohji crew in Paris, via Jak&Jil

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VA runs slim and is a bit smaller than Attachment. I'm usually a size 1 in tops and outerwear, but sometimes a 2 on pants.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I always get amused at these fashion show pics, they're the analog of any other show including cars. These guys get excited for the weeks prior and start planning on how they're going to assemble their fits for that special day, possibly even consulting with their friends "hey what are you going to wear next week?" Then they proceed to wear what they consider to be the best of their pieces all the while acting as non-chalant as possible in hopes of getting noticed, photographed, nodded by fellow members of the same tribe as they take drags of their cigarettes in what is deemed a contest of cool in their circle.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why does the unread posts button _STILL_ not work? it's been like 2 months now.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Secret Wallet by Maison Martin Margiela Line 11. Sleek leather wallet with hidden interior compartment for personal items, from the men's collection."

Next level condom holder?

Renalan

Reaction score
is it me or is the acrimony model channeling caseyfudd really hard

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to find a decent leather duffel/overnight bag for like under $250?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
The interesting convo in WAYW and the fact that my old sandals just broke leads me to ask any of you gents...if you know of or have experience with quality home slippers? Preferably waterproof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads