1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

This.

There is a travel app that has a function of pointing you to close attractions, so i just walk around and every couple minutes I check my phone to see if there is anything cool close by. I usually only have like one destination per day and wonder around the rest of it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

How's Poeme Behemien sizing on the jackets/long coats?

DC bros, where yall at? @randomkoreandude @Bam!ChairDance

3. R300

R300 Senior member

Show me what you mean?

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

slim to true ime also narrow armhole with slim sleeves

5. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

https://www.cheaney.co.uk/mens-shoes/3/country-leisure
    https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/barker/barker-lambourn-cherry-calf-detail
    https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/barker/barker-country-collection/barker-lambour-cedar-grain-calf-detail

the last one's very close, the difference being sole edge colouring (can be repainted) and speed hook (well..)

6. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Yeah, I live just by Tottenham Court Road and rent's £799 ($1330) p/m. But then I can pretty much walk anywhere I want to go and save on travel costs.

There aren't really all that many cheap places in London left, unless you're willing to head out to zone 3-4.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Cheaney made the boot for RRL I believe so as kashmir posted you could probably find something similar

Julian who used to make RRL boots has some on sale at Barneys now, this one is your color and price should drop soon. Toe slightly different though
    http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...t/Product-Show?pid=503063939&q=julian&index=0

Alden might be a bit more bulbous
    http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/d3907h-natural-cxl.html as an example

Crockett & Jones Coniston is out of your budget though might be an option you may want to consider

Also forgot the Carmina jumper boot, though not sure anybody has brown in stock now

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

@LA Guy
    What are your thoughts about belts and belt length? How far should the tail extend past the keeper? If you are an odd size, opt for 2nd or 4th hole? Or shorten? You may share different viewpoints in terms of CM vs SWD where the first is more about formalities. Hence, one may opt for a shorter tail for the sake of elegance. On the contrary, so as long as the belt tail is not flaccid, does it really make a big difference in terms of appearance if the belt tail is lengthened? Also, taking into consideration the pair of trousers e.g. Jeans (cotton) vs wool vs linen, which can effect the belt width and positioning of the buckle.

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I walk around 5k everyday year round, so I don't find it that exhausting, but I think I average 10k a day when I'm on holiday.

Going to the gym after a fucked up day, is the best.

Instead of smoking I take my dog for a walk, which works the same way.

1 person likes this.
  10. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  11. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

It all depends if he gets a job quickly or just wants to be a man of leisure. I moved there on a semi-whim back in '07 with much less savings but I got a job after a couple of months. IMO it's the best city to live at in Europe but I'm biased toward densely populated metropolitan areas

12. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

sure, but if he really has no skills then he should focus on addressing that deficit rather than being a man of leisure

/dadadvice

13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I have skills, just none that are applicable to the immediate job market [​IMG]

14. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  15. Distorbiant

Oh god it's like a mirror into my life.

4 people like this.
  16. Distorbiant

17. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yohji?

7 people like this.
  18. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I hear the '90s are coming back, so you should just get a belt in size 50 and let that shit hang like a lasso.

20. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Mid-2014 fashion realizations / proclimations

So first, on the issue of travel shoes, I should say that my MMM GATs have proven to be solid travel shoes for bombing around Europe on a couple occasions and other places too. I don't get the people saying their CPs are more comfortable because, for me at least, the GATs are vastly superior in terms of comfort and support. Then again I also don't mind walking around a European city all day wearing leather-soled dress shoes either, although the cobblestones in Bellagio did start to put that to the test by the end of the day.

Second, I'm starting to get comfortable in a weekday uniform of "deconstructed" sport coat, mtm shirt (or uniqlo shirt collar polo) and uniqlo slim fit chinos. After trying more expensive pants, I've realized that the uniqlo chinos are actually a perfect fit and are more comfortable than anything else. And saving money on the pants will, in theory at least, let me spend more on shoes, where the money spent will go farther.

Finally, as for more formal stuff goes, for court and depositions, etc., I've started to keep my eyes out for a suit that has slightly wider lapels, a lower buttoning point, and has a jacket that is a little longer overall, and maybe with pants that are slightly fuller even. So far I'm really only finding that the Armoury has anything like that in my size, and unfortunately it's a bit of a jump in price point from where I've been buying suits in the last couple years. Higher still would be the suits at NMWA, which I think would also fit the bill except they don't even stock my size (34US / 44EU). I think in terms of CM trends, this is probably where things are heading, but I'm not necessarily trying to jump on board the trend as much as just getting towards what is going to be the most flattering for my frame in any event. Anyway, with more and more upcoming travel plans, I probably won't be buying another suit until early next year, so I have some time to search and really make sure I get things right this time (which I realize will still be a moving target, ultimately).

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.