1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Last time I called paypal they said to "try again" and "it might work", told them I wanted a yes/no answer not a maybe, they countered with the very wise idea of using another service and telling me nothing could be done. I complained until I talked to someone who made my payment go through in 5 minutes.

Things you should never do with me if you are selling me some shit:

1) give me vague answers and maybes
    2) try to explain why it doesn't work, I'm not applying for a job at your stupid fucking company, just fix it and never explain how it works

Bunch of assholes.

1 person likes this.
  2. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Vacation Talk -
    I prefer flying in and out of a bustling city... say, Bangkok, then heading down south to island/beaches. You start off with some excitement for several nights, lay around in paradise for coupla' weeks, then kick out the jams again for several more nights before splitting... Best of both worlds.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm restless so I get easily bored, but how on earth can you sit on a beach 10-12 weeks a year and not got bored out of your mind?

I have a fairly stressful job myself (self-employed), but I enjoy it and I actually think work on the weekend. :ember:

Liking concrete is my level of nerdiness.

Wandering around a large city without a goal is grossly underrated, most of the time I don't bring a map when I'm a vacation in a city, I just wander.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

fwiw, I find Paypal a lot better than so-called "global" credit cards, which seem to flag possible fraudulent transactions all the time. I mean, ny CM standards, yes, a lot of my purchases are dubious, but I am pretty tired of them flagging me. Luckily, it happens more often online than in person, which would really suck. I call and tell them that I am traveling for the next 6 months, that that usually eases the restrictions a little.

5. LA Guy

I stayed in the 14ieme arrondisement, which apparently is pretty cool. Everything in Paris is pretty accessible by subway anyway.

1 person likes this.
  6. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

from my limited experience the 3arr is nice but expensive and northern part is less touristy than southern, alternatively 11arr between roquette/saint-antoine/ledru rollin

1 person likes this.
  7. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

@basil rathbone

If I were single I would live in the eastern part of the right bank. 10,11,18,19 arrondissements. Maybe 9th. Left bank too touristy, as are 1,2,3rd. We live in 17th, which has its cool parts but can be very bourgeois.

1 person likes this.
  8. LA Guy

Since there is no thread on this, someone tell me - how do Visvim Skagways fit. It seems silly. I've handled the shoes plenty, but for some reason, have never tried them on for size. And now that I want to order a pair, I don't know. I wear a size 43 in Common Projects and 44 in Margiela GATs, just so that everyone has a common frame of reference.

Note to self: try shit on, even if you have no interest in getting it there and then.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I don't know how many times I had an opportunity to try something on and declined because I had no interest (at the time) but then became interested later on.

I handled three visvim footwear at maas and stacks, including the skagways (did not know that the sneakers were goodyear welted with some vulcanized(?) rubber over it to make the sole pretty cool), and didn't try them on...almost went back today to see, but no time

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

quiet frankly this is exactly what i expected :cheers:

not sure what you mean by concrete though...

pretty much

11. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

When I find something I like, I stick to it :D

Too much is never enough when it comes to me and beaches

12. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Welcome back! I hope you get better.

13. jet

jet Senior member

I could see lying on the beach and not doing anything just to decompress for awhile. Not sure how long I could do it before going crazy but some people are pretty stressed out including myself. These are times I defer to my hobbies like working out and smoking cigars while having scotch. There is an therapeutic element in smoking and because it's a commitment, I'm forced to devote that time to myself to give me a chance to relax and reflect. The same could be said for lying on a beach. Sometimes I don't want to do anything. I don't have that much time to myself so carving out a block of time where I can do exactly nothing is extremely beneficial to my well being and stress level. I think people these days should do nothing more often.

2 people like this.
  14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

well shit, man. you don't need a million dollars to do that.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  16. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Great, Fuuma is interested in cigarettes, philosophy, and concrete, typical American stereotype of a Frenchman :tounge:

Not 'til October, but enjoy!

18. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The length of time I could happily devote to laying on a beach fully depends upon whom I'm with

19. yipjam

yipjam Senior member

Ideally I'd like something exactly like the picture I posted (unfortunately not available anywhere anymore), medium brown leather, non-bulbous shape and less than $500

20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I like the idea of restful vacations, but in those rest times, I still go "shit we are missing opportunities to do cool shit."

Everybody your thing. But for me, there's so much world out there, so many things I couldn't have dreamed that really exist, and I wanna get in that shit.

And it takes a lot of legwork most of the time. I love my exhausting vacations. sup, @Find Finn

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.