1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Give it a try. You may like it.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Unless you're finding them in like the $30 range, I'd stick with Incotex. Mabitex are thin and overly vanishing and you might inadvertently moon someone bending over to pick up your groceries.

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

As of now there are 3 cuts: Detroit, Torrence, Berlin.
    Current season seems to have some that are cotton with elastane / and some that are 100% cotton. I find the stretchy ones to be thinner and tend to look like leggings (depends on sizing I guess).
    Detroit is very skinny, low rise. I'm a 29, fairly average, but not skinny (more of a 46 everywhere with smaller waist). Could fit into sz 29 stretchy, and basically everything looked like leggings. Main problem was the knee, which was just skin tight. Sz 30 was a bit better but I tried it on at a difference place with the thicker cotton.
    Torrence is still skinny, medium-long rise (I'm not sure exactly how long). Still skinny in the knee, probably around same as detroit there.
    Berlin is more slim straight (rickowens website says its relaxed fit lol). I've gotten measurements on these in sz 30, and they are by no means relaxed, but much more slim straight (waist 16.5", hem 7"). I think all drkshdw waist run a bit large this season, or maybe they're just supposed to sit low on hips.

Best thing to do is to try them on, or buy from a place with returns. Measurements help too ofc.

1 person likes this.
  5. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I was actually suggesting Incotex/Mabitex to @ceoceo as an alternative to Uniqlo linen pants.

I have a pair of Incotex that's held up pretty well, had a pair of Mabitex but didn't keep due to sizing issues so I guess I dodged a bullet there. Didn't know there was such a difference in quality.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Whoops, my post was meant for jet. I just left the page open when his post was still the most recent and did some stuff around the house before getting around to posting it. My fault!

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

So out of curiosity which others are you trying that you like?

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I was looking at Incotex from Yoox and then...

[​IMG]

that creepy ass smile -◡-

Anyhoo, thanks for the suggestion. They look decent especially for what the cost (at discount)

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    10 people like this.
  9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

@ceoceo - I picked up a couple of pairs of Mauro Grifoni summer pants from Flannels. Not worth full retail, but nice quality and cut. I think The Corner also stocks his stuff.

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

They heard the cry of @LA Guy

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I doubt any eud is $400 nice

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

2nd Garbstore order this year cancelled due to incorrect stock listing...:brick:

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

where do i get these pants? probably harnden and cost $1k because they were woven from fabric spun by Rumpelstiltskin or something, but if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative let me know

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

[​IMG]

cool bottle though

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I went nuts on testing CDG fragrances this winter. A forewarning: I'm weird about scent preferences and lean toward the piney, funky smells.

I picked up samples of Odeur 53, Dover St Market, Black, Original, #2, CDG x Monocle Laurel and Hinoki, Amazingreen, Wonderwood, CDG x Hussein Chalayan Airborne, and Black, among other non-CDG fragrances.

Black was disappointing. It's been a few months, so I can't recall exactly why, sorry. My reaction was instant and I only wore it twice around the house. I liked a lot of other ones, with Laurel, Odeur 53, Airborne, and Wonderwood being some of my favorites, but I bought Hinoki. I realized Wonderwood is at every mens store in NYC, so it may be a little ubiquitous, but it does smell nice. Airborne is maybe the funkiest one of the bunch. Odeur 53 reminds me of my grandmother in good and bad ways...but mostly good ways. I almost bought Airborne but one time I thought I smelled just like my boss and got weirded out. I don't like Amazingreen; it reminds me of all those "clean" mallbro scents. That "clean" smell does nothing for me.

Terre d'Hermes is the best thing you can get at a mall here in North Carolina but not the best thing for me. I did like Hermes' grapefruit scent, whatever it's called. I have yet to find a Tom Ford I particularly like but the selection down here can be wonky. I don't think I've seen Tuscan Leather or the ouds. The Creeds I've tried, Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water, have been nice, as everyone says. VIW is way cool but I haven't worn either enough to really report.

not CDG, but I bought and love Slumberhouse Norne because it's like a big wallop of pine sap and nutmeg. I don't see myself wearing much of it in the summer months though.

17. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Anyone try the new(ish) Blue line from CDG?

18. R300

R300 Senior member

Hm. Great input mate, will think twice about copping black now. just when I read 'initial scents of pepper and leather' I was intrigued. I've heard good things about Hermes a lot but I think it's also quite popular, I want something that nobody has. Narciso Rodriguez is also an intriguing scent.. I'm hunting now on fragrantica. You not tried 8 88 or even 2?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Guys, can I just wear bone/white derbies in a similar way to wearing bone/white sneakers?

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I vote yes. In most cases they'll look better :devil: what're you getting?/have

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.