1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

:eh:

:D

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

:worship2:

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

lol its not like facebook, you have to hit the @ icon near the add picture icon @nicelynice

or add @ tags

4. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

You have to enable the newest editor to use the @ thing.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

WTF, you people are barbarians. Here is how it goes:

1) If you have a few friends over and you aren't a smoker they can smoke at the window
    2) If you have a party people smoke inside and you'll just have to air the next day

9 people like this.
  6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Yes, mine!!!

Just up all night feeling like death, and forum hard to follow like this

Will go for another hot bath for the Pain, then try again:)

7. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Does anyone else here smoke their apartments? Not smoke in their apartments, I mean light up their apartments and smoke them.

1 person likes this.
  8. DLester

DLester Senior member

That place has to be the world's capital of cab scams

9. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

College style hickory smoked apartments- like your roommate used to make.

10. jet

jet Senior member

prague? elaborate

1 person likes this.
  11. DLester

DLester Senior member

I am not sure where this fits into the smoking conversation, but for what it is worth and to break the growing tension:

In Seattle it is almost more socially acceptable to smoke bud than cigarettes.

People smoke weed, in public, flagrantly, downtown. I smell it all the time, mostly in the summer but also any day when it there isn't firehose horizontal rain in the face.

This summer when it is "legal" it is going to make Amsterdam look like Salt Lake City. Already started it seems. Hempfest this year is going to be.....uh what was I talking about?...uh, u gonna eat that or can i have it.....did i say that out loud.....

Doesn't seem to bug anyone. People, even those not partaking, seem to have the attitude, "yeah, that it how it is here." Makes the PNW a little different.

I am pretty sure it is not that way anywhere else but Boulder.

5 people like this.
  12. DLester

DLester Senior member

Prague is a lovely place but there was a scam running in every cab I got in. I am sort of embarrassed to describe how the scam operated, but the first cab ride I took ended up costing $40 for a 15 block ride.

The other cabs had variations of the whole "the meter iz not working" thing, but by then I was a hardened veteran and would take no shit.

I wasn't there long but it was like 4 days of cab scams.

To add to the fun, on a trip a few years later, Ms. DL's mom's purse was stolen out of hotel room, obviously by hotel staff. Nice hotel too.

It is really a beautiful place though. I would go back. I can't believe it is still intact, after all the dumbass 20th century wars.

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Isn't there a travel channel type show where the guy goes around the world exposing scams? I don't know if it was Prague that was featured in a certain episode, but I remember the drivers trying to scam him hard at an airport

14. diniro

diniro Senior member

yeah but I'm not a fan, they taste too flat.

:hide:

13 people like this.
  15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Excuse me, diniro, you are in violation of The Dad Joke manual - you may not say dad jokes without being a dad.

16. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

This is sometimes the case with MJ, but even in areas with heavy smoker ratios, you don't see people smoking inside (banned from businesses, doesn't really happen in any but the shittiest of residences). If someone did that in my house, I'd ask them to put it out or take it outside. They could even stand outside next to an open window, so long as they exhale in the opposite direction.

The Colorado ski towns are worse than Boulder, especially the more local places like Winter Park where everyone has a hash pen and pulls from it constantly. The culture still seems more underground/reserved in Seattle, you can't just go down to the dispensary and get has oil as easily as liquid nicotine like CO

1 person likes this.
  17. diniro

diniro Senior member

speaking of dad jokes, I just finished watching the show Police Squad! (only 6 episodes), the quintessential dad jokes show. It's great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11 people like this.
  18. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Prague is great, except for the people.

19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Edit: Sorry ignore, found someone to answer my question

20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'm hoping to get a slightly more 'aggressive' haircut, for lack of a better term. Still want it to be presentable for work slash interviews, though I can probably get it cut again between now and the fall when interviews will potentially start.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting an undercut (shaved/buzzed sides) and leaving the top a little longer so I can side part it, but I usually get a longer variation of that. Anything you guys have liked lately? I have a roundish face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.