1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diniro

diniro Senior member

i know i wasnt the only one who went and searched for these glasses.

also what's the Aaron Paul story @bows1

2. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

it's cool seeing certain pieces irl. was walking to my car at school today and saw some dude wearing rafdidas and he pulled them off surprisingly well.

1 person likes this.
  3. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

hahayoujustgotbam!'d

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

4 people like this.
  5. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Man people getting excited at getting suede CPs for $250 after multiple coupon stacking.

Can't wait to see what the retail on Achilles will be in a few years.

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Silk, cotton and a little rayon .

7. LA Guy

Something that is soft, but also fairly sturdy, Flat lock stitching under the arms and along the sideseam is always good. Tees seem to nearly always distintegrate there first, because there is more friction there, and also because the design is inherently poor. There is a lot of stress right at the armpit, and it all hinges on, pretty literally, a single point...

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Will jet tees be available for late summer?

1 person likes this.
  9. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

modal, rayon, tencel, it's all good

just make sure they're machine washable :nodding:

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Ugh, I think I'm getting to that stagnant clothing stage again, where I take everything I own for granted and can only come up with the same 3 outfits to wear every time I leave the house

Doesn't help that summer is coming up and I'm basically just a human reservoir of sweat

11. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

This is a v. important question.

3 people like this.
  12. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I think I've said this before, but in comparison to the American Apparel Summer shirt (or whatever it's called), this would be my perfect t-shirt:
    - not as deep, slightly wider neckopening
    - less drapy/seethrough fabric, ie sturdier but still lightweight
    - about same length, it's impossible to find any non-drapey tees that are longer than "normal" models
    - less slim

(possible john elliot would fit ^this nicely, but it's too expensive even without shipping for something I'm not more certain of)

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

Great customer service but I had no idea Cartier will not under any circumstances give out tracking info on online orders (for security reasons they say). I don't think Ive ever experienced this even on my most expensive purchases which were suits and UPS just laid them by my door like always...

14. jet

jet Senior member

all good suggestions guys thanks, and thanks for the web ideas, fok i agree with you

no idea on timeline as I haven't started but you layer with tees all the time (well at least I do unless wearing a dress shirt)

i've got an idea of what I want to do

15. LA Guy

I would also consider 50/50 blends. When I did more of this stuff, I came across a company (they only do B2B) called New Line Apparel (NLA), which makes a 50/50 cotton poly blend tee that is incredibly resilient, but also very lightweight and soft. Polyester gives a lot of strength for not a lot of weight, and both the hand and the drape of the fabric was really nice. Cotton poly also allows you to get that heathered effect that we were looking for at the time.

16. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

i feel like, tons of SF members were in college when CPs retailed for $325 and went on sale for like <$150 (certainliy <$200)...

now that we all make money all this shit is so expensive :(, even then $250 today is easier on the wallet for me than $150 was in college

where did all the poor people go?

1 person likes this.
  17. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Seems you could increase the cotton in that blend and get a more "natural" feel, but still retain much of the benifits from the poly... or, does the curve drop quickly?

18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I still say American apparel tri blends are the best shirts
    Have some going on four years now and they still hold up perfectly. Soft feel and nice drape, good length

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I've recently gotten into a Japanese brand of t-shirts called Barns. Loopwheeled, uniquely curved chest pocket, more natural feeling/ rougher yarns, interesting subtle textures, and very short, trim vintagey cuts. Much more interesting in texture than the mass produced Hanes stuff I have, and much more stout than American Apparel. I think it looks good with the kind of stuff I often wear these days (jeans, leather jackets, and the like).

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Cotton tees, for me, no matter the quality, always end up billowing around the bottom hem after a year or so of wear. I like a synthetic blend for extra strength

In other news, tried on LUC pants for the first time today, brilliant cut. Want to find a pair of these that fit slightly better

(By the way, the t-shirt in this pic is a three year old AA tri-blend that's been washed at least 50 times)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.