1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

No, two out of three wallets are common and if I was willing to compromise I would have done so already. I want to keep all of my stuff in one place for ease of carrying.

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

it all boils down to what you consider "small" & "thin", otherwise its all based on perception

my wife has struggled over years on this same issue, she has gone through countless wallets, obviously we're not talking the same size wallets here so her choices/experiences really cant help but in order to get any efficient fb/help/suggestions we need measurements, ideally peak tolerance measurements, and even then its still a crapshoot because there's the "how do the coins stack inside the coin pouch" issue, and the "is it a flap snap or zipper coin pocket" issue, so yeah....

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Design something custom to fit your needs from someone like April in Paris.

2 people like this.
  4. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

never understood the need for a wallet. i have 3 cards i carry loose in my pocket, and thats it.

2 people like this.
  5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I live in a city and many places don't take cards.

Additionally, if I'm at a bar, why would I wait for them to bring my card back and sign or why would I start a tab that I'm likely to forget to close at some point. Cash is just easier for shenanigans.

I also throw all my change into a jar at home everyday. I hate loose coins.

6. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

if i carry cash i just put it in my pocket, agree re coins though.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah, I mean. I was walking down the streets of brooklyn a few years ago and found a guy selling custom bags and wallets. I had him make two truck tarp wallets for me. Still working on the first one. I like minimalism and thinness for wallets. Leather would have been nice, but I think these are cool.

Mine are red and black in college colors.

http://merbags.com/products.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ghostface

ghostface Senior member

i've always just used one of these. wrap your cash around your cards, then clip.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

I feel it's a waste of effort and time to have to move all of my cards, change, and bills from one pocket to another, removing them, and what have you and just want to keep them all in one place. Not only does it keep everything safe, but it also protects my pockets from the wear that change causes and stops me from pulling out just a couple of crumpled bills when I need to pay for something. Cash is preferable to cards because it allows me to see exactly how much I have left and adjust my purchasing habits accordingly. Cards are required for identification, emergency, and RFID chip building access purposes. I always use change for my purchases and thus have less than $5 in change in my wallet at all times.

My current wallet is a leather bi-fold with external coin pocket (very much like the one I linked), but only measures 4" x 3.25" x 0.5" empty. With less than $5 in change and all of my bills and cards, it's still about 1" thick. Unfortunately it's getting old; the leather is cracking and the snap on the coin pocket no longer seals properly. It's got a rounded bottom edge so it fits nicely in any shape of pocket. I couldn't ask for a better wallet, but apparently wallets like this are ridiculously rare! I've searched all the stores in my area and none of them carry anything like it.

Other specifications I would consider ideal are snap closures (velcro feels yuck, zippers are too bulky, haven't seen any rope closures on wallets), a black/dark brown/burgundy colour (burgundy would probably be ideal), and a lack of branding (or at the very least no EXTERNAL branding).

Also, interested to hear about more people's thoughts on wallet vs. no wallet.

10. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Just go on etsy and have someone there make you exactly what you want

1 person likes this.
  11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

12. Malistril

Malistril Well-Known Member

it's easy to just leave a bunch of cards in a wallet and never forget anything

1 person likes this.
  13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Man, I wish I could just carry a couple cards and a couple bills - I lug around so much change it's ridiculous since the lowest denomination of paper currency is $10 here and a LOT of places don't take credit cards and need to carry 10 or so cards with me. I use just about the most minimal wallet that can fit all this - a double fold with a snap and a coin pouch

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  14. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

having shit in your pockets is the worst

4 people like this.
  15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

April in Paris is probably the best you can do unless you regularly commission Hermes one offs. The owner used to make said customs for Hermes.

16. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I use one of these for cards, subway tickets, etc. Cash goes in front pocket. Coins go into tip jar / busker guitar case / parking meter / gumball machine.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

any sf bros on Instagram? I just made one, I quite like the idea of it
    little late w/e

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  18. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Senior member

Am I an "sf bro"? what defines an "sf bro"?

http://instagram.com/simonllmn

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have one of these made by forum member @luk-cha, notes go in the middle room and coins go loosely in the pocket.

[​IMG]

http://portlandstreet.tumblr.com

This could work

[​IMG]

20. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

just cool dudes on sf

so ya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.