• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a package sitting in cali at US customs. done been there since the 23rd. RUINED MY XMAS

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to sell clothing on ebay, no reserve starting at $0 ?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If best means fastest, then yes, that pretty much guarantees an immediate sale but you may not like the sale prices.

You can set a reserve, but that seems to inhibit interest/bidding.

If you aren't in a hurry and it's a high-value item you don't want to risk or you think has bona fide resale potential, a BIN is the safest bet because you can always invite offers (either the OBO way or informally) and ignore the ones that don't meet expectations.

In general, it's a very weird market and not friendly at all to sellers right now.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i've sold a fair number of things on eBay and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you set the start price at 0.99 or at 99.99, as long as the price is fair.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score

NO MORE NHL LOCKOUT YESSS

Via a friend of mine:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Well, I wear clothes that might be best described as "Dark Americana", and only chunky lasts really work for me, but there are lots of ways to interpret SW&D. The sleek lasts would look right at home with Hedi Slimane's designs, for example. SW&D co-opts a lot of classical menswear for its own ends.

The history of streetwear is nothing if not the appropriation of products that were marketed and thought to be for very different demographics and use. I wear a lot of "MC" shoes and prefer them to designer offerings and I am not the only one (Hendrix and Zissou come to mind).

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love me drastic taper! :slayer:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oooh we posting cool dark outfits? I'm in
two favorites:

long knits/skirts really do look phenomenal with coats and slim bottoms
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the reason I don't like the super extended G&G style lasts is that they look so strange on the foot.. it's so narrow/long that it creases way up the shoe because there's 2 inches of shoe extended past your toes

I dunno what you are talking about, if anything the G&G last fits better than most of my round toe lasts and I have short stubby toes. The last's aren't narrow at all

Had my first Yoga class. Owns Owns Owns.

All I did in college was take free classes when they had them, best way to start / end your day with beautiful women everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads