1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Hems on my work trousers are cut high enough, I just need the loafers and the facial hair.

2. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Camoshita in a blue Camoshita suit

I'm partial to green myself, but that would be different if I had blue eyes

[​IMG]

(just trying it on for size ...for now)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    22 people like this.
  3. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

I visited the Margiela flagship in Beijing. It was pretty nice, people dressed in lab coats, quirky looking store. Definitely an experience, but prices were double of what they were online, even with the 50% off sale (Sneakers were $400).

4. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Thanks! I don't make enough to pay for a $14 article, but I will agree with the statement "in general". Doesn't have to be that way though. Especially not today, that article is 14 years old if I'm reading correctly.

Maybe there is a more appropriate thread to discuss this but...
    sky is the limit when you are the employer, not so much with the employee. The most important thing though is that your Step 3 should be $$$$$/hr, not just $$$$$. Hourly wage being far more important than yearly. $80k/year is great but if you're working 12 hour days, you're making ~$25/hr, which is what I made as an unskilled labourer. I would argue that it is that uncomplicated if you choose your niche wisely with the end-goal of automation. Anecdotal evidence is pretty worthless, but I am an unclever, lazy, university dropout, so I believe anyone can do it.

5. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Hnngggggggggggggggg das nice

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

I feel that this is where we live, always on the cusp of self-discovery...

...then called away by a text. From gym to home: JCP vs. MMM.

(bought used, light years from retail/no braggo :embar:)

7. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Why the heck is it so impossible to find Margiela sidezips on B&S or SuFu or SZ in my size. And Balenciaga. Why do Balenciaga trainers cost over 6 bills at retail. What is this madness.

8. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

I got lucky with Margiela by setting up ebay alerts. Didn't know the SAs wearing labcoats was a thing at their stores. Some of the side zips had goodyear welting, which was a nice surprise.

I've been utterly failing at finding perfect fitting black pant-jeans for a while. Led me to wondering: why are trouser pockets all at the side, while jeans have the 5-pocket style in the front? The side pockets flare at the slightly movement and make my hips look wider. Are they more convenient to get to when wearing a suit or something?
    And are skinny jeans just a no-go for anyone with quads? My thighs aren't even huge, but all the drkshdw (detroit), bbs (p13), julius I tried just looked like leggings from the knee down, especially with the elastane.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I'm by no means ripped, but I have proportionally bigger thighs/butt to the rest of my body - look for high-waisted or even drop crotch jeans that taper slightly from the knee down. Will give you a lot more room in the thighs and if the cut is right, won't be super skinny in the calves.

http://www.essence-web.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=10820&ESWEBJPSESSID=rkohludo

Example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

Yea I think the BBS coated p13 fit the best out of the bunch, but I wasn't too happy with the price tag or how the drop crotch looked from the back. I'm actually usually ok in the top block for a lot of these (just barely) but most of them taper quite a bit at the knee (as opposed to starting below the knee) creating this bad looking ) ( shape. Perhaps I just need slim straight cuts and taper them myself if necessary

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Try levi's before fucking around with brands that aren't exactly known for their tailoring (BBS). Unless you're absolutely massive you should be able to wear levi;'s/APCs or something with a belt.

1 person likes this.
  12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i have fat thighs

ordered a pair of JE jeans in size 34

13. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

+1. 508s are great for this build.

14. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

yea I know levi and apc fit me (what I'm currently wearing), just wanted to find something that worked amongst the more "interesting" brands.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

OMG true detective so good....

also margielas use much better material for their GATs. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why one is so much more expensive

16. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

First Schneider sighting on a tv show?

From tonight's episode of Elementary. Looks like an ijevan.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

SNS Herning on a TV show:

[​IMG]

48 people like this.
  18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

is it one of those talk shows where fluent foreigners get on tv and talk about their experience living in the motherland?

19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Nah, it's a program for foreign residents learning Japanese
    https://cgi2.nhk.or.jp/gogaku/other/japanese/

On a side not, I'm updating my resume right now and think I might throw this on there just for fun - what is the job title? Studio actor? Discussion panelist?

20. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.