1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

We used to squeak by in Catholic school with olive suede or black chukkas/eras with black outsoles. Felt like we were getting away with something.

3 people like this.
  3. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I like the Margiela, I suspect because I'm imagining Regis wearing them. Buy them if you can dress like him.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Incidentally, just busted out my Marc Jacobs Vans from way back on the day. The shape works better with lose summer clothes in a way that shoes built on the Margom Serena sole really can't:

[​IMG]

You ride on them, spill crap on them, wear them on a sandy beach, and don't give it a second thought

4 people like this.
  5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Damn I had the orange ones back in the day, Mom thought I was crazy for spending so much more over my standard Rowley vans

Also you better cuff ya chick, slip-ons get ladies, my Vans lime green, yea, I'm flyer than a spaceship
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Exactly. Leather slip ons like that make me think 'trying too hard'. Otoh, if you're going to get velvet slippers...

7. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Anyone know how Julius run? I've been wanting to pick up some nice cargos from them but I've seen measurements kinda all over the place on rakuten.

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

9. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

Cut off the branding and it'll be alright.

10. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

11. Donut

Donut Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

13. Moonchild

Moonchild Senior member

i don't really like Vans, actually
    To me, they're like the new 'CONVERSE Chuck Taylors" (and being slowly replaced by New Balance in the 'mainstream' fashion) : EVERYBODY has at least one pair. I see like 100 people with vans everyday (from the hipsters to hip hop fans) and I still don't get the appeal... I don't find them particularly beautiful (and the color/pattern mix is sometimes... [​IMG]) and canvas sneakers (especially worn sockless) always makes me think of stinky feet [​IMG] .
    I can understand SOME people find them genuinely beautiful, comfy, etc... (hey we have different tastes and appreciation of things) But to me, the majority of them is just following the trend of "lamestream" hipsterism / rappers with skinny jeans + vans (Lil Wayne). again, it's just my opinion.

14. vcrash

vcrash Well-Known Member

To me, that seems like a strange way of looking at them - they don't seem particularly 'trendy' in my experience, and most people that I know wear them by default - they're cheap shoes that you can pretty much find anywhere.

15. Moonchild

Moonchild Senior member

hah, that's exactly what i actually mean by labelling them the "new chuck taylors" because it's more like a "default" choice for shoes as they're not too complicated to insert in a fit. and people wear them with basically everything (saw this dude the other day with a navy suit and grey Vans!).
    By 'trendy', l meant "what-is-hot-right-now". maybe it's a whole different thing in th US, but here in France, Vans were almost worn exclusively by skaters 3 years ago or so. But now they're evrywhere lol. EVERYWHERE. just like Chucks back in the day (especially after the Nirvana/grunge scene reached the mainstream).
    I think they don't look good with socks (think Tyler The Creator or Steve Urkle), they look decent worn sockless with shorts or chinos but again I envision stinky feet with canvas sneakers [​IMG]
    (yeah i have a fixation with that, not sure why lol).
    and I definitly agree with Dan138zig : They DO look juvenile. Seeing them on people in their 30s and 40s (and even some 20ers) just looks weird to me. they have something really adolescent /teenagey about them (at least to me)

16. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG]

peir wu edition?

20 people like this.
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Get the fuck out.

1 person likes this.
  18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I thought that was one of those new Raf whacky pack tees.

19. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

this shirt, want so bad, but i dunno if i can live with myself knowing that i spent $742 on a shirt

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.