1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

You have to understand that this coat's original run was in 2011, and SS doesn't have enough of the old materials left to do any kind of run on this re-issue this year with the old ones (plus, what's the fun in that?)

We were given a number of swatches for both the outer and knit lining, and put together the best possible combos with what they can work with. The first two options - the charcoal nailhead and the green - are the two ones that will give similar vibes to what was originally made that season. The fabric weights are similar, the general idea behind it is similar (low contrast tonal pairing on the charcoal, more contrast with warmer colors for the green), and we just think they will turn out to be beautiful coats that feel both very Schneider and very current. The third option - the super heavy grey wool - is something new as far as I can tell, and will be more rigid and give a slightly different feel than the older coats. It will be almost a more austere option in that it will fall straighter, and just be more structured overall because of the nature of the fabric. We're really excited about this option as well.

We knew people might like to see something in Camel or Navy, but at the end of the day we wanted to put together combos that would yield the most impressive coats out of the available materials, and there were very deliberate decisions to go with the fabrics we chose. We just wanted to make coats that people could get just as excited about as those from the initial run [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

i wish the article went a little more in depth than its 10 or so paragraphs allowed, but it's always nice to see the ways I'm married to the zeitgeist. structure: 1. agency: 0.

also, rft: finding a dry cleaner after moving to a new city sucks, especially now that jeffery d and his (in)famous 2008 suit-pressing guide have made me paranoid enough to consider staying away from dry cleaners for good. guh

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I hope you know that I was being totally facetious. I'm super psyched about the pre-order, and already sent in my order.

4. conceptual 4est

haha I know, I only realized after posting that my response seemed a bit annoyed because of that slightly condescending opening line, but that wasn't my intention at all.

People that want it will get it, and unfortunately we can't be everything for everyone

I JUST FEEL SO VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS COAT I CAN'T HELP IT

5. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

guys, I just found out the schneider coat remake is being directed by spike lee and stars josh brolin. not sure how i feel anymore.

13 people like this.
  6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

All yall dirk digglers not ordering the green/light brown WILL BE SORRY

5 people like this.
  7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Says the guy who only wears black and gray.

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

You've got the wrong Lebowski, dude

18 people like this.
  9. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

wat

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Haha, my bad. For some reason I had thought that nahneun said that.

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

racist!

5 people like this.
  13. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

TIL 白人看不懂

2 people like this.
  14. conceptual 4est

I'm getting the green for myself [​IMG] and so I agree with this completely.

I'll stop spamming this thread with our SS stuff but for those of you that don't regularly check our thread, I've updated my original post with links to made the deposit to purchase/reserve one. They are moving very, very fast and quantities are limited so once they're gone their gone.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Not my thing but it's so cool that the Schneider reissue is happening at all.

9 people like this.
  16. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Well, in that photo, all but the espadrilles and GATs can be worn to the office, and since I tend to only have court/depositions once or twice a week, two pairs of "suit" dress shoes is all I need.

What I really don't have that I guess I need is anything that can be worn in the rain (other than the packed-away Bean boots, which are overkill anyway). In LA this problem only very rarely presents itself. Open to any suggestions though. It occurs to me that replacing my Clarks with suede Alden Dovers certainly won't fix that problem.

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

common projects are my go-to rain shoes and would work with the Stanley Van Buren Wardrobe (tm)

18. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Stanley you have such a perfect build/vibe for Margiela, I wish you'd go in that direction a little more.

4 people like this.
  19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

heh, well, it's funny you should say that ... you should see my yoox dream box currently.

although we just booked a bunch of travel, so I'm going to try to hold off on any big/voluminous clothing buys for a bit.

some of what I'm lusting after, though:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and there are a few more like those. if any of it takes a huge drop, I may go for it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.