• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lululemon mats are the best, forget mandukas.  Especially if you sweat as much as I do, I can now focus on form and forget about my hands slipping, it has completely changed my practice. I prefer the inversion pants over the looser studio pants, their online store is always low on stock though, and sizing is a crap shoot, best to go to a retail location if you have one nearby. 

slightly related: I wish Isaora wasn't so shoddily made, like VSLI my isaora sweats have been chucked after first pilling and then coming apart at the seams.  Its pitiful that a company with such great designs can't follow through in the construction.

I like my Manduka, I sweat so much I have to use a mat anyways or I'm slip and slide all over the place.
Mostly the thickness is nice I can be on my knees and not get distracted by any pain.

Admittedly I'm pretty fat right now, haven't worked out or practiced on a mat in about 3 months.

I like icebreaker shorts for work outs, lots of run to move around and comfortable.

Last edited:

Aldous

Reaction score
Do any designers make black trousers(?) that are not of khaki or denim material and are not dress specific, and under $200?

Suicmez

Reaction score

Suicmez, welcome to Toronto!
Lol, I had a similar experience:
Got myself some h&m
Saw too many Canadian geese walking around
1800 dollar overcoats and 300+ dollar knits at club Monaco.
It had me questioning who their clientele was and if people actually buy this stuff? I mean, right across from CM is holt renfrew so I'm sure if one wants to spend money they'll end up there.
Take us on Sf for example, if we want to buy something we'll check out the usual suspects (lncc,corner,porter...). Ms007 brought up the fact that we don't really bother exploring other designers and he's kinda right..

I think it's just the try hardness of everyone in the city (to be fair, I've always lived out in the country so I'm biased), but it just seems like everyone tries hard to look like a yuppie.
Lots of my friends work/live in Toronto, and I visit them a lot, but none seem to be like that.

Jet: yes, 339 for a cable cashmere sweater. 100$ more than in the states, couldn't believe it. I had just copped a Schneider Sisian earlier in the week for 250. So many J.Crew dads drooling over fair isles and chambray ties.

About why people spend so much at the mall: it's just easier and safe. On SF, we put in a lot of effort for our clothing: we research items, scour the Internet to find them in our size, and take a risk ordering things that we've never tried on. Most people just don't want to put in the effort. Fine with me, but laziness gets you ripped off.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
terrible on the jcrew

i'm just going to pretend nobody mentioned lululemon so we can move forward, didn't know that **** moved eastward so fast

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lululemon inversion pants i.e. best yoga pants and they're great for climbing. My usual fit for cycling to and doing sports is hanes grey melange tee, those pants or my outlier climbers, old beater CPs, outlier vest and red beater beanie.

what are those
About the manduka, I had one for a while, gave it to an ex and she loves it, but I sweat like a pig iand the lulu mat has zero cushion but it is super sticky. I actually think this topic doesn't get the attention it deserves since I'm climbing, going to yoga or the gym every day, and I'm sure other are too.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Don't worry big fella, no one's getting off on lululemon like people got their premature rocks off on hmmmm or what-have-you. Just want some breathable threads that show off my hockey thighs for when I go do yoga alongside the suburban moms over break. I'm sure you know how it is.

@smash, I would definitely love to find good, stylish yoga/athletic clothes too. If Gyakusou is a thing, I'm sure someone else is doing something similar for other athletic practices.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My girlfriend got me a pair of nike running tights a couple of months ago and I have been living in those + isaora drop crotch shorts, plus nike vest, flyknits and cloak jacket. I should take a picture, it looks ridiculous.

Last edited:

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got some alexander wang tshirts and i like them. where can i get something similar for <$50?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My girlfriend got me a pair of nike running tights a couple of months ago and I have been living in those + isaora drop crotch shorts, plus nike vest, flyknits and cloak jacket. I should take a picture, it looks ridiculous.

I've been mostly wearing loungewear lately too, since I don't have anywhere to go/school's out/it's cold and miserable outside.

It's weird to look homeless and also know that you're wearing $2,000+ worth of threads at the same time

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lululemon inversion pants i.e. best yoga pants and they're great for climbing.  My usual fit for cycling to and doing sports is hanes grey melange tee, those pants or my outlier climbers, old beater CPs, outlier vest and red beater beanie.

About the manduka, I had one for a while, gave it to an ex and she loves it, but I sweat like a pig iand the lulu mat has zero cushion but it is super sticky.  I actually think this topic doesn't get the attention it deserves since I'm climbing, going to yoga or the gym every day, and I'm sure other are too.

Thanks, had been looking for something similar for a while

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you guys tell if a jean is too slim fit? I have a pair of old APC NS in size 32 that are well faded to me.. not sure if I have grown out of them. They are not nearly as tight as some jeans I've seen in the WAYWTT, they squueze my thighs when i sit down though.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its depends who you ask..I like my skinny jeans to be about an inch over my actual measurements on the thigh.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, if people are actually buying those HMMMM zips for 40$, I have a couple of DIY projects in mind and would be grateful if somebody could send me a couple of pairs of 44's. Lemme know (but probably not if they're still charging actual money for them). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads