1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Hozuki seems fun, gonna check that out

1 person likes this.
  2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

C'mon now I said boat not inner tube/raft

Although I will say my people are some of the most inventive (communism is a bitch)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  4. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

My Poeme Bohemien pants came in and they're really nice and interesting (raw hem, lined to the leg opening in linen, textured) but there's slightly too much room in the crotch (no jokes pls). Any way to fix this?

5. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14 people like this.
  6. michaelyork

michaelyork Senior member

hey guys sorry to post about job searches here but i could use talking to someone right about now.
    i have been on the job hunt. i recently met someone at a networking event who seemed really nice, the guy came off as really friendly and he offered to submit my resume at his company which does financial technology, the field i wanna work in.
    he does the initial phone screening for the company so because of the conflict on interest, another guy from another office did the phone screen. i passed the phone screen, they brought me in for round 1 in-person interview which was a 1-hour logic test and a 1-hour skills/knowledge test, and then a 1-hour traditional interview with the NYC manager. then they brought me in a week later for a 2-hour interview with the 2 North America managers, who are also based in the NYC office. they then brought me in last tuesday for the final interview by video conference with the COO in london.
    the guys in the NYC office where i'd work came across as really nice. even wished me luck in person before the videoconference at the final interview! i really thought i had the job and that the COO interview was just a formality.
    today 48 hours later, i got an e-mail saying they wouldn't proceed further. i feel like shit. i would have really liked this job, i would have loved the people i would work with.
    i'm now trying to figure out what went wrong.
    is 48 hours enough time to do a background check, and to screen my resume to make sure it's legit? because the company i worked at before went under, and if they called for a reference, they would have gotten the HR of the new takeover company who don't know me. also I was laid off just before the company went bust, but i didn't mention at the interview i was laid off.

also, regardless of the outcome i feel like I owe the guy who submitted my resume a huge thank you. he was really nice and supportive whereas all other companies ive interviewed at have been assholes. what can i do to show my appreciation?

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

They found someone else. Send them a thank you note and keep looking

8. michaelyork

@kingjulien,
    i was told they were not looking at anyone else at the moment for the NYC office. i believe them. the guy who submitted my resume knows, he does the phone screening. i met him socially at an alumni networking event so he's become a friend, he won't lie about that to me.

also, is 48 hours enough for a background check or to check my resume for veracity? because i thought i would get the offer first and then have to consent for resume check, and that at that time i'd tell them about the layoff before the bankruptcy, where they can get a hold of my old manager if they wanted a reference, etc. obiviously my old manager is not there anymore, he is also laid off.

9. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Pretty sure a background check can take up to a week, though I may be mistaken.

10. michaelyork

@thewho13 thanks man. so it prolly means they didn't independently check my resume and find out my old company "dont know who i am when they phone them up"

which means i blew the final interview with the COO in london. shit. he was a british guy with a british accent and i had trouble understanding him. im amazed though he has veto power like that after i was approved by the NYC office manager (the hiring manager for this role), and the two North America managers!

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

what do you guys do to troll your friends?

lately i've been posting completely made up, intricate, vaguely scientific sounding bad health advice on my facebook feed - it's pretty funny

also, i really want a pair of geobaskets

4 people like this.
  12. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

you should post some screenshots. the reactions must be fun.

13. BreezyBirch

just posted one today about the superfood antioxidant powers of immortal, whale-sized jellyfish

this one brought me many laughs:

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  14. i send them to styleforum for fashion advice

12 people like this.
  15. 5354

5354 Senior member

Mass-text everyone: "just got 3 grams for $30 LMAO" then immediately follow up with "ignore that, wrong person srry"

It's original purpose was to get a reaction from your parents, but I've tried it with friends and it worked.

1 person likes this.
  16. BreezyBirch

17. 5354

5354 Senior member

weed, but the point is to leave that part out to provoke a reaction

18. BreezyBirch

i don't get it

1 person likes this.
  19. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

You guys are now friends.

1 person likes this.
  20. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Edit: Removed lame attempt to explain possible fixes because I don't really know what I'm talking about, but yeah, I've had that problem and my alternations guy was able to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.