1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Try size 44

1 person likes this.
  2. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Maybe not a great example, I wear that blue wool h&mmm blazer fairly often and it still looks new / visually indistinguishable from the real thing. My only gripe is that whatever they canvassed it with is sharp so it pokes you in the ribs sometimes. Which I guess is actually a big gripe.

Some of my favorite stuff I can't wear all the time, i.e. fur Raf shoes, bright orange shiny satin floral DVN shirt, etc. Basic things you can wear every day are nice, but once you have a few of them you start to ask why you're even bothering if you don't have anything else. For 'safe' clothes I have a leather jacket, a inverallan and a stark and a few pairs of jeans and don't really need anything else. I don't understand people with fifty different heritage or epaulet or whatever items.

http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Ceramic...&qid=1394986035&sr=8-2&keywords=hario+grinder

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

anybody tried these acne, wondering how creases would look on patent leather sneakers
    [​IMG]

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Exactly my point. It's totally fine to have a few of those, but if the majority of your closet is built up of that stuff, then...

There are always special occasion clothes slash fun clothes. My point was just that I don't see the point of spending like 90% of my money on things that I'll wear twice a year.

5. jet

jet Senior member

I do

2 people like this.
  6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Jet has stacks of knits he hasn't even taken out of their packaging. They keep his closet insulated.

2 people like this.
  7. the shah

the shah Senior member

+1 i wasn't sure which was the garbage and which was the quality in this analogy ....

>:)

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

I have the camano grinder and really like it. It's a little more $$, but it's really durable and all metal/wood/glass instead of plastic.
    http://www.davescoffeestore.com/product-p/red-grinder.htm

9. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

http://www.thecoveteur.com/pusha-t/

8 people like this.
  11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

woah, didn't even know that existed. that's awesome. i used to use the hario, but moved onto the capresso infinity for speed+increased grind consistency because for coarse ground the hario is pretty shitty. i've also heard the porlex is a better option over the hario. good to know about that upgrade kit, tho, because once i start my office job i'll likely bring an FP and my hario into the office to avoid office coffee.

2 people like this.
  13. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

But only good for older models, which is good for you, but not for someone just ordering off Amazon now... Or did I not read correctly?

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah i mean that's what it sounds like to me. if you're buying new, i'd go with the porlex.

15. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Copy. I'm French press all day every day, so want that corse grind.

16. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah, i mean all the hand grinders suffer the same inherent design flaw so none are perfect for FP.

17. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Thanks. Think I'll just stick with my weekly visit to the roaster for now. It's just a quick stop directly en route from work.

18. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Maybe it's because I've never tried it before but making your own coffee at the office seems like such a hassle. I would just bring my own in the morning in a thermos and if I needed another fix during the day settle for office coffee or grab something from whatever place nearby.

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Haha depending on your office culture, be prepared to get a lot of shit about being a snob/too good for office coffee. Or people demanding you make them some too.

4 people like this.
  20. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Just tell your co-workers it's because you like your coffee gluten free. Hope they're not paying attention.

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.