• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
shuda got the vibskov from couple seasons back seem more interesting

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't like those vibskovs. whacky collar/pockets is a bridge too far.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

no, but there's literally no OTR shirt that fits me in the neck and fits well anyone else. It's a bummer. I ordered a different shirt in size 4, will see how it turns out -- sadly this particular shirt isn't available a size up :(

Maybe it's personal preference, but I can deal with a slightly bigger neck if it means the shirt fits well in the shoulders and chest. Then again, I rarely button the top button and sometimes get OCD about the neck on some of my shirts being a little too big, so maybe we're all just unsatisfied with some elements of most OTR shirts.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i've accepted it, mostly because i literally never button the top button. i've also found that shirts that fit well in the neck (dress shirts I get massively tailored) look a little gapey when the top button isn't done.

I'm gonna buy one of those ultra slim italian shirts and see if those work well OTR. or just get unlazy and do MTM.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig that shirt Teger, would wear it. I agree with APK though, it looks a bit too snug on the pits and shoulder. I don't mind a tight collar, but shoulders throw it off

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i've accepted it, mostly because i literally never button the top button. i've also found that shirts that fit well in the neck (dress shirts I get massively tailored) look a little gapey when the top button isn't done.

Crappy collars are really my only gripe with a lot of the Uniqlo-level shirts. A lot of that stuff isn't bad for what it is, but the non-BD collars on a lot of those shirts just don't look right unless the top button is fastened.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
yeah, knew that about V&R but had no clue about marni!!
im too young to have experienced margiela in its heyday but ive seen remnants. the og gats to the duvet coat are both considered grails. im not sure if V&R ever produced anything grail-worthy :eek:
if we take a walk(pun intended) into the baller sneaker thread we can see how bad the margiela sneakers have become since diesel bought them out.
theres still a bunch of stuff id buy/wear from margiela nowadays but its not the same (again, just from what ive seen/handled)
also, renzo sort of forced margiela out of the company, correct? maybe customers have a hard time forgiving that

Well, Diesel is in the picture since 2002 so they can't be that bad... The thing is that Margiela is a designer's designer
2122.png
, when you remove him you remove the ideas so it becomes and empty shell, then you inject cash so it becomes a beautiful shell on steroids, but it's still empty so after a while it starts eating itself. It's messy.

At least that's how it's perceived, and in the end that's all that matters. Nobody cares about V&R very much.

From my limited fashion expertise I've always had the idea Margiela made clothes for the everyday man with unique additions, I don't know why his label was sold or that he even cared. Seems to me like Margiela was all about the clothes and not Margiela himself or design team or whatever, hence why no one knows what the guy looks like, it was never about him. But you guys know how I feel either way about the subject

On the music talk, this is what is hot in Cuba right now along with the fashion :confused:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no I'm saying its because great of the video....

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

shuda got the vibskov from couple seasons back seem more interesting

In terms of interesting fabrics, it's pretty hard to beat Ts(S). That is where it really excels. If you just see pictures of it, it's hard to imagine what is really so special about it, but the materials really distinguish it.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
it actually reminds me a lot of folk, which gets no play here. i have a flannel from folk which is fantastic - nicer than a thom flannel I own, much nicer than a lot of band I've handled. similar to iron heart.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a folk shirt I quite like. Their designs are just questionable sometimes, and it's really not anything mindblowing. I did want that goofy chambray/knit pocket shirt from this season though :inlove:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some of folk stuff, their shorts/pants are better quality than Norse and their shoes are nice, but their knits are ****.

I prefer Albam to folk, although albams designs have been a bit meh... For the last couple seasons.

On a music related note "he lives like he's modeling clothes in Dublin"

Wtf kind of **** reference is that, no one knows what that is like, is it good or bad?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with most of that list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads